ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Mandiant®, the leader in security incident response management, today announced new capabilities for its Managed Defense™ service. No system is left unprotected with Mandiant’s new Agent AnywhereTM technology, an innovation enabling the search for Indicators of Compromise even when users are highly mobile, behind network address translation (NAT) or not connected to the corporate network. When attacks are confirmed, users can respond immediately and isolate affected systems with a single click from the Managed Defense portal to stop attacks in their tracks.
“Monitoring and response must be a 24/7 function and continually evolve to keep intruders at bay. Managed Defense codifies our intelligence of advanced adversary tools and tactics and proactively hunts for attackers that have bypassed preventive defenses while providing customers with tools and context for effective, immediate response.”
“One of the most valuable resources in detecting and responding to cyber-attacks is time,” said Yanek Korff, Vice President of Mandiant Managed Defense. “Our Agent Anywhere technology ensures a rapid response by monitoring all systems, whether on or off-network, while one-click containment prevents attackers from gaining a foothold in your organization.”
Mandiant Managed Defense combines expertise, technology and intelligence to find attackers at any stage and provides tools and support to quickly respond and contain them. These latest enhancements expand protection to the mobile workforce and reduce the impact of a breach through immediate containment of affected systems.
The Managed Defense service provides round-the-clock vigilance and in-depth investigation of suspected compromise, with resources to identify and respond to any type of breach. Specifically, Managed Defense helps customers:
- Know When They Are Compromised: Through broad-scale endpoint sweeps, advanced network traffic analysis, and active hunting, the Managed Defense team provides definitive compromise details and actionable next steps.
- Minimize the Damage of a Targeted Attack: By minimizing the window of exposure through features such as one-click containment, customers reduce the risk that financial assets or intellectual property will be stolen.
- Reduce Disruption to the Business: Because Mandiant rapidly and precisely identifies the specific devices that have been compromised, unaffected employees, assets and processes stay online through the response effort.
- Optimize Security Team Time and Resources: By offloading the resource-intensive work of hunting for adversaries, customer security teams can focus on other tasks until an actual incident arises.
- Stay Out of the Headlines: By swiftly detecting targeted attacks, responding immediately, and maintaining ongoing vigilance, customers reduce the reputation damage and business impact that may result from the need to disclose data theft to customers, partners or regulatory authorities.
“The tools used to invade networks and steal digital assets are changing every day,” said Korff, vice president of Managed Defense at Mandiant. “Monitoring and response must be a 24/7 function and continually evolve to keep intruders at bay. Managed Defense codifies our intelligence of advanced adversary tools and tactics and proactively hunts for attackers that have bypassed preventive defenses while providing customers with tools and context for effective, immediate response.”
For more information about Mandiant Managed Defense, you can visit the solution overview on Mandiant’s web site or download the datasheet.
Mandiant is the leader in security incident response management solutions. Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, Mandiant provides products, professional services and education to Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, government agencies, domestic and foreign police departments and the world’s leading law firms. The authors of 12 books and quoted frequently by leading media organizations, Mandiant security consultants and engineers hold top government security clearances, certifications and advanced degrees from some of the most prestigious computer science universities. To learn more about Mandiant visit www.mandiant.com, read the company blog, M-Unition, follow on Twitter @Mandiant or Facebook at www.facebook.com/mandiantcorp.