MEXICO CITY--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Truven Health Analytics™ today announced that it will host an international healthcare summit in partnership with its premier Latin American business partner, Dot.Lib Information LLC. The summit will feature prominent healthcare professionals and clinicians experienced with the impact and benefits of using Clinical Decision Support (CDS) resources to augment patient safety and avoid adverse events in patient care. The invitation-only event will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the W Hotel Mexico City.
“Adequate Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome and How to Educate the Patient and Their Family Using Evidence Based Resources”
Several presentations at the summit will highlight the use of Truven Health Micromedex® Solutions, a single-source of evidence-based CDS for Medication, Toxicology, Disease, Laboratory, Neonatal and Pediatric, and Patient and Consumer Education resources. Micromedex Solutions are used by clinicians in more hospitals and healthcare institutions worldwide than any other evidence-based clinical content provider.
Speakers and scheduled presentations for the Embracing New Technologies and Trusted Evidence to Enhance Patient Safety (“Adoptando nuevas Tecnologías y Evidencias confiables que intensifican la Seguridad del Paciente”) Summit include:
Key Note Presentation
- “Expanding Access and Use of Trusted Evidence Based Resources to Accelerate Patient Safety Initiatives,” by Tina Moen, Pharm. D., Chief Clinical Officer, Truven Health Analytics.
- “Adequate Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome and How to Educate the Patient and Their Family Using Evidence Based Resources,” by Erick Rolando Vidal Andrade, Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Angeles Lomas, Mexico City.
- “Experience with Trusted Care and Quality in Health Through the Use Evidence Based Content,” by Angela Caro, Chemist, Pharmacist, Foundation Coordinator National University of Colombia, Bogota.
- “Evidence in Practice: An Intelligent Prescription,” by Luis Duban Almanza Martinez, General Director, Editorial Médica Latina S.A. de C.V., D&MS Drugs and Market Share S.C., Mexico.
- “The Use of Digital Tools When Following Pharmaco Therapeutics,” by Guillermo Barrnco Castaneda, Chemist, Pharmacist and Biologist, American British Cowdray Hospital, Mexico City.
To learn more about how your organizational members can attend the Truven Health Micromedex Solutions and Dot.Lib event, or for members of the media interested in receiving a media access pass, contact Napoleon Villanueva at +044-552-190-8657.
About Truven Health Analytics:
Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical companies have relied on its solutions for over 30 years. Truven Health Analytics combines deep clinical, financial and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better, collaborating with customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. Truven Health Analytics owns some of the most trusted, proven brands in healthcare such as Micromedex, Action OI and Advantage Suite. Truven Health Analytics employs approximately 2,200 people worldwide and has its principal offices in Ann Arbor, Mich; Chicago; and Denver. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com.
About Dot.Lib Information LLC:
Dot.Lib is a company dedicated to the dissemination of scientific information by offering online access to the content of eBooks, eJournals and databases in all relevant subject areas. Established in 1991 as an agent/distributor in Brazil to some of the main international scientific publishers, today Dot.Lib is a diverse company operating in all Latin America countries, offering the broadest area and solution coverage in scientific research. With a strong presence in the academic, governmental, corporate, industrial and health sectors, Dot.Lib currently services more than 500 institutional clients spread throughout Latin America. For more information, please visit www.dot.lib.com.