LISLE, Ill.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Molex Incorporated continues to expand and improve upon its product portfolio, proving its commitment to developing innovative solutions for the Rockwell Automation Encompass Program. The company will showcase its Brad® automation and Woodhead® electrical products at Automation Fair®, November 13 – 14, Houston, TX, booth 1501. In addition, Molex will host several demonstrations in the booth and George Kairys, global product manager, will conduct a technical session, Maximize DeviceNet Uptime by Bringing Diagnostic Data into a Logix Controller, on November 13 and 14, 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. The discussion will focus on how the eNetMeter DN can provide in-depth diagnostic data to a Logix controller, allowing early detection of many DeviceNet issues that can cause communications to fail.
Two demonstrations will illustrate the company’s dedication to providing the best possible customer service with easy access to its products and solutions:
- Proposal Works: This software tool allows users to gather information on Rockwell Automation and Encompass Partner products, including product updates, catalog numbers and local list pricing. Molex experts will walk through using the tool from start to finish, including how to develop proposals and generate quotes with Molex IC products.
- Mobile Industrial Communications (IC) Application (app): Provides iPhone, iPad and iPod device users ready access to Molex products and support for industrial automation projects. Booth visitors will get a step-by-step demonstration of how the IC App can help them find the right industrial communication product for their next automation project including where to find technical product information such as data sheets and videos, how to gain access to the Molex product catalog and where to find global contact information.
Two technical demonstrations will reinforce the seamless integration of Molex products into Rockwell Automation systems:
- SST-ESR2-CLX Communication Module: Illustrates how to connect Modbus devices, either serial or Ethernet TCP, using the same communication module. It will also show how to manage Siemens Industrial Ethernet and Modbus TCP on the same Ethernet channel and the different client/server functionalities.
- Remote Scanner: Highlights the PB3 Remote Module for PROFIBUS Master, including the in-cabinet (IP20 rated) and on-machine (IP67 rated) versions. Included will be a demonstration of the “Device Level Ring” redundancy feature where the Logix PLC is informed when the primary master is down, enabling it to switch to the secondary without losing communication with the Logix PLC.
Brad connectivity solutions from Molex at Automation Fair 2013 include:
- SST™ IP67 PB3 Remote Module for PROFIBUS: A “linking device” with on-board PROFIBUS and Ethernet communication ports, the PB3 Module provides a fast and easy solution for adding PROFIBUS master and slave connectivity to Rockwell Logix controllers (CompactLogix, ControlLogix, SoftLogix, GuardLogix, etc). Its unique harsh duty remote design allows the PB3 module to be installed directly on the machine or in the field to be closer to the devices, reducing both cabling costs and the expense of mounting the device in an enclosure.
- SST Ethernet and Serial Communication Modules: Provide faster and easier connection from MODBUS Serial, Modbus/TCP and Siemens Industrial Ethernet to the Rockwell Automation ControlLogix controllers. The modules provide users with access to the entire 32,000 word database memory directly with the ControlLogix CPU. This feature is particularly useful when the SST module is connected to multiple networks with multiple devices on large control applications.
- SST Ethernet Communication Module: Connects Modbus TCP and Siemens Industrial Ethernet to Allen-Bradley ControlLogix controllers. The modules support the Siemens Industrial Ethernet protocol to connect ControlLogix PLCs to Siemens SIMATIC controllers (S5, S7-1200, S7-200, S7-300 and S7-400).
- SST Actuator Sensor Interface (AS-i) Modules: Designed to connect Rockwell Logix control systems, including CompactLogix, MicroLogix 1500 and ControlLogix, to an AS-interface network. The modules provide an open fieldbus solution enabling an easy connection between the PLC backplane and simple field I/O devices such as actuators, sensors, rotary encoders, analog inputs and outputs, push buttons, and valve position sensors.
- XT PLC Products/Modules: Designed to work with the Rockwell XT platform, the Molex CLXT modules provide the same outstanding function and performance as the corresponding standard modules, but with eXTreme components, conformal coating and a temperature withstand range of -25 to +70ºC. These modules are ideal for severe applications such as oil drilling rigs, remote locations and caustic, corrosive environments.
Also on display will be a wide range of Woodhead products including wiring devices, portable lighting, GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters), cord and cable reels, wire mesh grips and portable power. Known for exceptional performance in the harshest environments, these products deliver high performance and long service life while enhancing worker safety. Many also meet NEMA type 4, 4X, 6, 6P, IP65, IP66 and IP67 enclosure ratings as well as hazardous location ratings including Class I, Division 1 and Division 2.
For more information on integrated Brad solutions for manufacturing automation please visit www.molex.com/bradautomation and for Woodhead electrical solutions please visit http://www.molex.com/woodhead. To receive information on other Molex products and industry solutions, please sign up for our e-nouncement newsletter at www.molex.com/link/register. The Molex IC App is available for free download at the App Store and iTunes www.molex.com/link/molex_ic_app.html.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including: data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 45 manufacturing locations in 17 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at http://www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex Incorporated
Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.