CAMPBELL, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Service Provider Outsourcing to Vendors report, which tracks the revenue vendors derive from the services they provide to their carrier customers.
“Still, we’re remaining bullish on the carrier outsourcing market, anticipating an increase in mobile network outsourcing deals that will drive revenue to $79 billion by 2017 as mobile operators try to keep opex under control.”
“Though we looked for service providers across the board to continue outsourcing at an unabated pace, global telecom outsourcing revenue in the first half of 2013 is basically flat from the same time last year, a result of a combination of factors including forex for Ericsson, year-over-year revenue declines at IBM and HP, NSN for various reasons, and growth at Alcatel-Lucent and Huawei,” reports Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research.
Continues Téral: “Still, we’re remaining bullish on the carrier outsourcing market, anticipating an increase in mobile network outsourcing deals that will drive revenue to $79 billion by 2017 as mobile operators try to keep opex under control.”
CARRIER OUTSOURCING HIGHLIGHTS
- In the first half of 2013 (1H13), global service provider outsourcing revenue is down 1.4% from a year ago (1H12)
- Despite China’s limited outsourcing activity, Asia Pacific is the #2 outsourcing and managed services market in the world (behind EMEA) thanks to super deals in India involving Bharti, Idea, Aircel, Hutchison (Vodafone) Essar, and Reliance Infocomm
- Telecom equipment vendors are now managing 45% of the world’s subscriber base, up from 33% just 6 months ago
- Operations outsourcing is projected to grow at an 8% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2012 to 2017, the highest of any service type
- Many major deals have been inked since the beginning of the year, including Reliance Communications’ 8-year, $2 billion managed services contract with Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson, Tele2 Netherlands’ agreement with NSN to build an LTE network, du’s 5-year managed services deal with Huawei, and T-Mobile Poland’s 3-year contract with NSN for billing system development and maintenance
CARRIER OUTSOURCING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ service provider outsourcing report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for service provider fixed-line and mobile network outsourcing to vendors. The report tracks the revenue that vendors derive from performing network planning and design, building, maintenance, operations, application service delivery, service provisioning and activation, and billing services for network operators. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, Motorola, NEC, NSN, Tellabs, UTStarcom, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ latest Research Brief: http://bit.ly/17tO54E
- Infonetics releases subscriber and revenue data for 450+ global telecom service providers
- DAS a big and bumpy — and still growing — $2-billion dollar business
- China mobilizing for huge LTE rollout; Mobile infrastructure growth braking in Japan
- Infonetics survey identifies operators’ LTE deployment challenges, top LTE vendors
UPCOMING MARKET FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
- Infonetics’ new 2014 Market Research Lineup
- SON & Optimization Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- Service Provider Capex, Revenue & Capex by Equipment Type
- 2G, 3G, 4G Mobile Infrastructure & Subscribers - 3Q13 Edition
- 2G, 3G, 4G Mobile Services & Subscribers: Voice, SMS/MMS & Broadband
- Telecom & Datacom Market Drivers
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Multi-Vendor Service Provisioning for NFV (Nov. 14: Sign up / learn more)
- Small Cells Reality Check (View on demand)
- Distributed Antenna Systems: What's Next (2014: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.