ATLANTA--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--DaVita Clinical Research® (DCR®) (NYSE: DVA), a specialty contract research organization with services spanning the full spectrum of drug and device development, today announced that company representatives and their collaborators will present nine abstracts at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week in Atlanta, Nov. 5-10. Attendees can find DaVita® representatives in booth #1105.
“Effectiveness of the Diabetic StepAhead Program in Improving Patient Care among Diabetic ESRD Patients.”
ASN’s annual Kidney Week provides a valuable opportunity for more than 13,000 kidney care professionals from around the world to share and discuss new developments related to all aspects of nephrology.
“Advancing the science and knowledge of renal disease is critically important in order to improve the lives of patients that we serve,” said Mahesh Krishnan, M.D., MPH, MBA, FASN, vice president of DCR. “DaVita is proud to highlight our innovation in the field through our research intended to create programs aimed at reducing hospitalizations and improving quality of life.”
Researchers from DaVita, the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., and DCR will present results from a number of large retrospective studies, as well as data from innovative clinical improvement programs originating from DaVita and its research partners. DCR provides a collaborative bridge between DaVita’s health care community and the academic, pharmaceutical and biotech research communities. DCR and DaVita share a dedication to improving the health and quality of life for kidney care patients.
Following are the DaVita abstracts that will be presented at ASN Kidney Week:
- “Association of Intradialytic Hypotension with Interdialytic Weight Gain and Cardiovascular Disease.” Oral presentation by Claudia Cabrera, PhD, MPH, epidemiology senior scientist, Astra-Zeneca, in Abstract Concurrent Session “Under (Cardiac) Arrest: The Fate of All Dialysis Patients” on Friday, Nov. 8, at 5:18 p.m. in Room 309.
- “Fluid Overload in Hemodialysis Patients: Development and Validation of a ‘Big Data’ Predictive Analytic.” Oral presentation by Steven Brunelli, M.D., MSCE, senior director, DCR, on Friday, Nov. 8, in Abstract Concurrent Session “Under (Cardiac) Arrest: The Fate of All Dialysis Patients” at 5:30 p.m. in Room 309.
- “Targeted Medication Therapy Management Improves Outcomes for Dialysis Patients and the Healthcare System.” Oral presentation by Joshua Howland, PharmD, MBA, manager, Targeted Medication Reviews, DaVita Rx, on Saturday, Nov. 9, in Abstract Concurrent Session “CKD Health Services Research” at 5:54 p.m. in Room 408.
- “A Pilot Quality Improvement Program to Minimize Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infection in an Outpatient Hemodialysis Setting.” Poster presentation by David Van Wyck, M.D., vice president, Clinical Services, DaVita HealthCare Partners. Project completed in collaboration with Peter J. Provonost, M.D., PhD, FCCM, senior vice president for Patient Safety and Quality, director of the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- “Shorter Hemodialysis Session Length Is Strongly Associated with Higher Rates of Mortality and Hospitalization.” Poster presentation by Steven Brunelli, M.D., MSCE, senior director, DCR.
- “Engaging Patients in the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems 2012 Survey: Social Workers and Care Advocates.” Poster presentation by Deborah A. Benner, MA, RD, CSR, vice president, Clinical Support, DaVita.
- “Urgent-Start Peritoneal Dialysis: A Multicenter Clinical Trial.” Poster presentation by Arshia Ghaffari, DO, MA, MBA, medical director, DaVita HealthCare Partners.
- “Effectiveness of the Diabetic StepAhead Program in Improving Patient Care among Diabetic ESRD Patients.” Poster presentation by Stephen McMurray, M.D., FACP, vice president, Clinical Integrated Care Management, DaVita HealthCare Partners.
- “Interdialytic Weight Gain and Cardiovascular Disease Outcomes.” Poster presentation by Steven Brunelli, M.D., MSCE, senior director, DCR.
Attendees can find DaVita’s ASN booth schedule online here.
DaVita, DaVita Clinical Research, DCR and DaVita HealthCare Partners are trademarks or registered trademarks of DaVita Healthcare Partners Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of June 30, 2013, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 2,010 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 159,000 patients. The company also operates 48 outpatient dialysis centers located in ten countries outside the United States. DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. For more information, please visit DaVita.com.
About DaVita Clinical Research
DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., uses its extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment, and completion of clinical trials including retrospective and prospective pragmatic trials. DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 150 client companies. DCR’s Biorepository, Early Clinical Research unit (Phase I-IIa) and Clinical Development (Phase IIb through post-marketing) network of physicians and investigative sites, data research, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, and Medical Communications are focused on providing world-class research in both complex/specialty populations and therapeutic areas, and especially in CKD and ESRD populations. To learn more about DCR, visit www.davitaclinicalresearch.com.