SAN JOSE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--HP CONNECT-- At this week’s HP CONNECT NonStop Advanced Technical Boot Camp, Tributary Systems announced general availability of software-only Tributary StoreOnce Virtual Media Manager© (TSI-SOVMM©).
“Now, NonStop users who want the full feature set available from the HP StoreOnce data deduplication device can directly attach, manage and control virtual tape libraries configured on HP StoreOnce”
Tributary StoreOnce Virtual Media Manager (TSI-SOVVM) is a software-only advanced media manager for connecting and managing fiber channel-attached HP-StoreOnce Virtual Tape Libraries directly from the NonStop host. Available only from Tributary Systems, TSI-SOVMM runs on all NonStop Integrity and Blade servers running NonStop RVUs J06.12/H06.23 and later.
“Now, NonStop users who want the full feature set available from the HP StoreOnce data deduplication device can directly attach, manage and control virtual tape libraries configured on HP StoreOnce,” said Tributary Systems CEO Shawn Sabanayagam. “Also, the need for physical tape is very real, especially in industries with longer term data retention requirements. With SOVMM-managed StoreOnce devices and host-attached physical tape, TSI gives the user the option of both physically and virtually stored data. Priced at only $15,000 for the host-based software, this is a less expensive solution than one requiring an intermediary Linux-based server.”
TSI-SOVMM includes enhancements to the Tributary-developed Tandem Library Media Manager, Silo Media Manager and Entry Level Media Manager products that NonStop has sold for 14 years.
Key features of Tributary StoreOnce Virtual Media Manager include:
- “Plug-and-Play” host-based software requires no hardware changes or “in-between” boxes
- Runs on all NonStop RVUs J06.12/H06.23 and later
- No impact to existing NonStop attached physical tape devices
- Allows full usage of all StoreOnce features, including replication and data de-duplication
- Includes automatic tape labeling and advanced backup scheduling
- Writes all data to the HP StoreOnce VTL in NonStop tape format
- Supports multiple VTLs with (for all practical purposes) unlimited virtual cartridges on a single TSI-SOVMM license
- Supports fiber channel-connected StoreOnce models 42xx, 44xx and B6200
- Supports NonStop IOAME/VIO/CLIM fiber channel attachment
- Has intuitive easy-to-use GUI for Windows
Visit Tributary in Booth 27-28 at HP CONNECT NonStop Advanced Technical Boot Camp Nov 3-5.
Tributary Systems (www.tributary.com) develops, sells and supports unified backup storage, remote replication and disaster recovery solutions. Tributary has been an OEM supplier to HP for 17 years. Tributary customers range from the Fortune 20 to SMB companies in financial services, telecom and retail/distribution.