DURHAM, N.C.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Digitalsmiths, the leader in video search and recommendations for TV Everywhere platforms that enable the world’s largest video providers to increase viewer engagement, today announced it has achieved record growth resulting in market leadership in the United States. The success of Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery® platform includes being selected by seven of the top ten United States pay-tv providers. In the United States alone, Digitalsmiths’ pay-tv customers represent 64% of the country's subscriber base.
“North America is the world’s most lucrative pay-tv market, and the United States alone represents over 85% of the total North American subscriber base”
Currently Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery platform is licensed to more than 100 million households worldwide, and international expansion now comprises the company’s largest area of growth.
Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery provides personalized search, recommendations and browsing applications for all content across set-top boxes, smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, laptops/desktops and gaming consoles. These discovery solutions give video providers a clear pathway to increase viewer engagement and reclaim subscriber satisfaction and loyalty.
“North America is the world’s most lucrative pay-tv market, and the United States alone represents over 85% of the total North American subscriber base,” said Ben Weinberger, CEO and co-founder of Digitalsmiths. “Our record customer growth in the United States and increased demand globally clearly indicates pay-tv providers are looking for a true, end-to-end, video discovery solution that only Seamless Discovery provides.”
- Digitalsmiths now powers 46 customers and partners globally including Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Foxtel, Univision, zeebox and i.TV.
- Digitalsmiths TV Everywhere video discovery solutions are deployed on more platforms than any other solution including: iOS, Android, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, and multiple set-top boxes.
- Digitalsmiths recently opened the industry’s first Global Discovery Center in Denver, Colorado, designed to support customer product and technology teams, and serve as a showcase for Digitalsmiths’ capabilities to prospects, customers and partners.
- In October, Digitalsmiths was named to the Streaming Media 100, an exclusive list of companies powering the most interesting, innovative and important work in online video.
- Continued growth of the world’s largest database of proprietary scene-level, time-based and mood metadata now totaling over 11 million data sets. The database delivers an unmatched level of accuracy and detail to Digitalsmiths personalized video discovery products.
All Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery customers are leveraging its TV Everywhere video discovery platform that consists of three fundamental layers: personalized video discovery applications, strategic business needs, and robust data management.
Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery allows service providers to deliver personalized video discovery offerings including personalized search, recommendations, social discovery, mood discovery and sports discovery across all devices. Seamless Discovery predicts with 95% accuracy what a viewer will want to watch next.
Seamless Discovery’s Business Console enables customers to incorporate business needs by strategically controlling the outputs of each personalized video discovery feature. Service providers can boost revenue-generating content such as VOD titles, deliver targeted promotions to different subsets of consumers, and up-sell/cross-sell premium content and services creating new possibilities for enhancing and monetizing personalized video discovery experiences.
Finally, the Unified Data Service creates a single index where multiple structured and unstructured video related data sources are ingested, aggregated, reconciled, stored and regularly updated providing a master collection of metadata. This capability offers video service providers a deep video metadata library that increases the contextual data of each video asset.
Guided by the belief that consumers should not have to work to find relevant content—the content should find them—Digitalsmiths provides the industry’s most comprehensive video discovery platform, offering personalized search, recommendations, social discovery, mood discovery, sports discovery and a business rules engine for all connected devices. Built for service providers, content providers and consumer electronics manufacturers, Digitalsmiths Seamless Discovery enables personalized discovery experiences that instantly connect consumers to the most relevant movies, TV shows and live events available, at any time, on any screen.
Digitalsmiths serves customers across all media channels and devices including Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Cisco, Foxtel, Warner Bros., Paramount, Technicolor, Univision, Turner Sports, the NBA, the PGA, NASCAR, zeebox and i.TV. Digitalsmiths is privately held and backed by .406 Ventures, Aurora Funds, Chrysalis Ventures, Cisco and Technicolor.