KEENE, N.H.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--G2 Intelligence announced today the full agenda and list of speakers for the annual Lab Leaders’ Summit, focused on the theme: Reimbursement Blitz: Building an Action Plan for 2014. The one-day event, December 9, 2013, at The Union League Club of New York, will take an in-depth look at the daunting reimbursement challenges now confronting clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories.
“Plus, the Lab Leaders’ Summit is closed to the media, allowing for a full and free exchange of ideas on the issues at hand.”
“A recent, seismic shift in market forces is rapidly transforming the way diagnostic tests are provided, paid for, and valued,” according to Kimberly Scott, program chair at G2 Intelligence. “At this unique forum, industry peers can gain insight into – and share perspectives on – how to cope with dramatic market realignment.”
“From payment for molecular diagnostic tests and survival strategies for community labs, to what the lab of the future must achieve, our cadre of distinguished speakers will address a range of immediate and long-term hurdles for the industry,” added G2’s Managing Director, Stephanie Murg. “Plus, the Lab Leaders’ Summit is closed to the media, allowing for a full and free exchange of ideas on the issues at hand.”
This year’s sessions and speakers include:
- Key Strategies for Adapting to New Financial Realities — Eleanor Herriman, M.D., MBA, Managing Director, Advisory Services, G2 Intelligence
- Key Medicare Payment Changes in 2014: What’s the Bottom Line? — Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association; Jonathan Myles, M.D., Chair Economic Affairs Committee, College of American Pathologists
- Payment for Molecular Diagnostic Tests: Sticker Shock Ahead? — Bruce Quinn, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Health Policy Advisor, Foley Hoag, LLP
- Community Labs Unite: Strategies for Survival — Mark Birenbaum, Ph.D., Executive Director, National Independent Laboratory Association; Rick Nicholson, Chief Executive Officer, West Pacific Medical Laboratory
- Medicare Payment for Lab Services: Time for a Fee Schedule Makeover — Donald F. Lavanty, Esq., Principal, The Federal Group, Inc.
- Plan of Attack for the Lab Industry: Panel Discussion
- The Power of Lab Data: How to Survive and Thrive in a Hostile Reimbursement Environment — Terry Dolan, M.D., President, Regional Medical Laboratory, St. John Health System, Tulsa, OK
- Five Keys to Growing Your Lab in Tumultuous Times – James Fantus, President and CEO, Clinical Laboratory Partners
- What the Lab of the Future Must Achieve: Meeting the Demands of a Restructured Health Care Marketplace — David Bosler, M.D., Head, Cleveland Clinic Laboratories
To find out more, or to register for Lab Leaders’ Summit 2013, go to www.LabLeadersSummit.com or call 1-800-531-1026.
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2intelligence.com.