BOSTON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest 1G/10G/40G/100G Networking Ports report, which explores the demand for 1 Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, 40 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit optical and Ethernet ports, the size of the market and how fast each segment is growing, and which technologies and speeds are being adopted on various types of enterprise and service provider equipment.
“Overall network port shipments and revenue are on a steady upward path as buyers shift to higher bandwidth, but the real action is in high-speed (10G+) port shipments, which we expect to increase almost ten-fold by 2017”
“Overall network port shipments and revenue are on a steady upward path as buyers shift to higher bandwidth, but the real action is in high-speed (10G+) port shipments, which we expect to increase almost ten-fold by 2017,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics and co-author of the report, adds: “For optical ports, 10G will remain the highest-volume speed, but 100G represents the area of the most dramatic growth. Service providers have indicated to us that by 2016, the majority of spending in long-haul networks will be on 100G.”
NETWORKING PORTS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Spending by service providers and enterprises on 1G, 10G, 40G and 100G network ports grew to $37 billion in 2012, up 4% from the previous year
- Infonetics forecasts total network port spending to grow to $52 billion in 2017, driven by growing network traffic and the need to constantly upgrade networks
- The number of 1G, 10G, 40G and 100G network ports shipped is expected to top 430 million in 2013, compared to 146 million 5 years ago
- Infonetics forecasts 100G port revenue to total over $6 billion by 2017, coming mostly from the service provider segment
NETWORK PORTS REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual networking ports report tracks port revenue, port shipments, and port pricing for enterprise routers, Ethernet switches, and other enterprise communications equipment, as well as service provider IP edge routers, IP core routers, carrier Ethernet switches, CPE, broadband access, WDM and SONET/SDH optical, and other service provider communications equipment. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ latest Research Brief: http://bit.ly/18VYF1j
- Operators name Ciena, ALU, Cisco and Huawei tops in P-OTS
- Outlook improving for enterprise router market
- Carrier router/switch market roars back in 2Q13; Europe gains, too
- North America salvages Ethernet switch market in 2Q13
- Fixed LTE and DOCSIS 3.0 propel broadband CPE market as carriers extend footprint
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
- Infonetics’ new 2014 Market Research Lineup
- 40G/100G and ROADM Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey
- Optical Network Hardware – 3Q13 Vendor Market Share
- Service Provider Routers and Switches – 3Q13
- Enterprise Routers – 3Q13
- Ethernet Switches – 3Q13
- Broadband CPE and Subscribers: PON, FTTH, Cable, and DSL – 3Q13
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Deploying Enterprise SBCs to Facilitate SIP Trunking (Oct. 29: Learn more / Register)
- Multi-Vendor Service Provisioning for NFV (Nov. 14: Sign up / learn more)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.