ATLANTA--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Promethean and KUNO™ announce a new education tablet learning system, the Promethean KUNO, available for schools in the U.S. Designed to put technology in the hands of every student and to meet the needs of K-12 schools, the new device combines rugged hardware, device management and student response software to bring digital learning to every classroom.
“The Promethean KUNO is designed to support the way today’s students learn”
The Promethean KUNO 9.7” tablet system is compatible with most district curriculum, software, and applications; its cloud-based platform makes it easy to configure and manage. Additionally, the tablet comes preloaded with Promethean’s ActivEngage2 software. This student response and collaboration software provides teachers with real-time feedback about their students’ levels of understanding at any given moment. Having that real-time access to this valuable information allows teachers to support and accommodate individual students and makes Promethean KUNO a powerful 1-to1 educational tool that educators can use to empower students to meet their learning goals.
J.R. Gayman, President of CurriculumLoft, parent company of the KUNO™ brand said, “We are very pleased to have established this strategic alliance since it allows more teachers and students to benefit from the KUNO™ tablet. 1-to-1 learning is much more than just the device, it’s about delivering content-rich applications and relevant curriculum that truly engages students while being fully managed by the teacher and school district.”
Understanding the unique needs of schools, factors such as student safety, budgetary constraints and durability, have been addressed with the KUNO™ tablet, which uses a Google® certified Android™ Jellybean™ operating system and communicates with a robust device-management platform. Each KUNO™ tablet has a 14-hour battery life and also comes with a ruggedized KUNO™ case that has significantly out-performed other market leading brands in drop and durability tests.
“The Promethean KUNO is designed to support the way today’s students learn,” said Lupita Knittel, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing for Promethean. “It is a powerful teaching device with software to create an active learning environment where differentiated instruction, peer-to-peer collaboration and feedback driven learning can help every student succeed, not just the most outgoing or knowledgeable.”
Additional features of Promethean KUNO include:
- Promethean Manage web-based portal enables administrators, IT personnel, and teachers to remotely configure and manage devices and applications in a district, school, or group all at once, for mass customization, eliminating the need to manually set up each device or create app store accounts for each student.
- Custom mobile operating interface and individualized user profiles enable students to quickly access their files and only the applications and content they need based on their unique schedule.
- Cloud-based platform stores district configurations and course schedules so student devices can be easily customized with the resources they need for their specific grade level, course subjects, and instructors.
- System integration enables LDAP and Active Directory configuration and mass customization with student data imported from Student Information Systems for streamlined setup.
- Secure web filter embedded at the root level aids in ensuring safe Internet use and supports school and library authorities in meeting the requirements of CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act), to enable students to safely access the educational materials they need, whether on or off the school network.
With this relationship between Promethean and KUNO™ in place, U.S. school districts now have an opportunity to invest in an affordable, managed device that promotes feedback-driven learning. For more information about the Promethean KUNO visit www.prometheanworld.com/Promethean-KUNO.
Based in Indianapolis, Ind., the KUNO™ product brand was formed to help schools organize their content as they began moving away from traditional textbooks. The overall solution has continued to evolve to meet the needs of teachers and students. The KUNO™ tablet is a market-leading solution, with implementations in over 120 districts, within 35 states.
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that make everyone more engaged, empowered, and successful. The company is headquartered in Blackburn in Lancashire, England, with offices in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, please visit www.prometheanworld.com.