PARIS & HERNDON, Va.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced the launch of a new version of its flagship network performance management solution, VistaInsight for Networks. This release supports the growing adoption of Carrier Ethernet 2.0 and the Metro Ethernet Forum’s (MEF) newest network performance monitoring and management best practices.
“CSPs’ networks are rapidly evolving as they embrace Carrier Ethernet services to replace traditional TDM technology and support the growth of mobility services, enterprise VPNs and cloud computing”
MEF 36, which comprises a new Carrier Ethernet management information base (MIB), supports communications service providers’ (CSPs) service operations, administration and management (SOAM) performance monitoring, as outlined in MEF 35. The combination of MEF 35 and 36 enables CSPs to implement performance management best practices for Carrier Ethernet 2.0, which focuses on the three tenets of multi-CoS, interconnectedness and manageability.
VistaInsight for Networks 5.2 addresses the newest MEF requirements to help CSPs support multi-vendor Carrier Ethernet services, and delivers the performance visibility and sophisticated reporting that business and wholesale customers are demanding. With the new version, CSPs can capture service and resource health and usage monitoring, and rely on early warnings and predictive alerts for pre-defined thresholds of service level and network performance degradations. CSPs also stand to further improve customer acquisition and retention by empowering end users with self-service network performance management capabilities built into their customer and service level agreement (SLA) reporting.
- VistaInsight for Networks enables CSPs and shared IT organizations to effectively meet and exceed performance expectations and service-level guarantees of next-generation networks and IT services. The actionable service performance visibility of the solution provides CSPs with the ability to rapidly support revenue-generating services by enabling a new level of control over the planning, deployment and operational phases of their next-generation IP networks.
- VistaInsight for Networks 5.2 incorporates Layer 3 services, automated VPN discovery and geographical virtual routing and forwarding (VRF) data to better align customers and services with their network equipment devices. The new version of InfoVista’s unified service performance assurance platform also enables increased microwave support for Huawei’s RTN devices and hybrid packet optical platform.
- “The MEF was founded to accelerate and ease the adoption of Carrier Ethernet services and networks, and we are pleased to see companies like InfoVista champion our industry standards to further enhance the growing adoption of Carrier Ethernet 2.0,” said Nan Chen, president, MEF. “As more and more CSPs come to rely on Carrier Ethernet, network performance management must remain a priority in order to deliver the highest value to end customers. Combined with the support of the hardware vendor community, CSPs will be able to take full advantage of the MEF’s management best practices for Carrier Ethernet 2.0.”
- “CSPs’ networks are rapidly evolving as they embrace Carrier Ethernet services to replace traditional TDM technology and support the growth of mobility services, enterprise VPNs and cloud computing,” said Christopher Cullan, product marketing manager, business services solutions, InfoVista. “InfoVista is committed to ensuring operators have the expertise to best manage their network performance, and we are thus focusing heavily on MEF standards such as MEF 35 and MEF 36. With VistaInsight for Networks, CSPs can leverage these standards and make the most of Carrier Ethernet 2.0 manageability to ensure full monetization of their networks and provide a consistent high quality of experience (QoE) for customers.”
- Find out how InfoVista is helping CSPs and enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Download a research report on Carrier Ethernet network performance management and customer reporting, which was recently launched by InfoVista and carried out by Frost & Sullivan.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
InfoVista, VistaInsight for Networks, Metro Ethernet Forum, MEF, Carrier Ethernet, standards, network performance management, MIB, QoS, Nan Chen, CSP, communications service providers, service assurance, network performance, quality of service, MEF 35, MEF 36, telecommunications, Frost & Sullivan, , reporting, SLA compliance, QoE, 2.0, enterprise, VPN, cloud computing, Huawei
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 550 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.