CHICAGO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc., a health care compensation and human resources management consulting firm, announced that the ninth annual 2013 Physician On-Call Pay Survey, which provides comprehensive benchmarking data detailing on-call pay practices and pay rates nationwide, is now open for participation.
The Physician On-Call Pay Survey is one of the few surveys that quantifies on-call pay rates by physician specialty and type of on-call coverage, such as restricted and unrestricted call coverage, including trauma and general emergency department call coverage. Last year’s report contained data from 160 organizations and more than 40 physician and advanced practice clinician (APC) specialties.
The 2013 survey questionnaire will cover both employed and independent physicians. Areas covered include:
- On-call pay rates for over 50 specialty areas, including anesthesiology, cardiothoracic surgery, facial trauma, neurology and stroke neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery and more.
— Restricted (must remain on premises).
— Unrestricted (must be available within a specified amount of time).
- Coverage rates among trauma centers and non-trauma centers.
- Detail regarding trauma call versus general emergency department call.
- Additional compensation for services provided when called in (e.g., activation rates, indigent subsidies, pay per wRVU).
- Pay practices such as on-call compensation for excess call only, telephonic call pay practices, and other emerging practice related to call pay and call coverage.
- Organizational information and characteristics including overall call pay expenditures by type of organization and number of physician specialties receiving call pay.
The deadline to participate is November 22, 2013. Survey participants will receive the results for the participant price of $200, a deep discount from the health care non-participant price of $800. The results will be published in December 2013. For more information on the survey, registration or participation, please visit our website or contact us by phone at 888.739.7039.
SullivanCotter is the leading independent consulting firm in the assessment and development of tailored total compensation and reward programs for tax-exempt, not-for-profit organizations. For more than 20 years, the Firm has provided executive, physician and employee compensation and governance counsel to a wide variety of health care and higher education organizations, associations and foundations. A recognized leader in health care compensation benchmarking, trends and analyses, SullivanCotter has also developed the most widely recognized physician and health care executive compensation surveys in the United States. Building from this unparalleled data, the Firm works closely with executives, boards and compensation committees to devise innovative solutions to attract and retain talent while satisfying not-for-profit missions and regulatory requirements.