BOSTON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--FlightView, the preferred flight-tracking source of air travelers, has launched an updated version of its top-ranked Android travel app -- FlightView 3.0 -- reinvigorating the user experience based on feedback from millions of loyal users. The new release extends FlightView's coverage globally and includes powerful itinerary management functionality -- making it easier than ever before for travelers to add, manage and access flight information across devices.
“Our Android users have asked for an easier way to add and manage trip information”
FlightView 3.0 gives Android users the ability to:
- Automatically upload trip itineraries by forwarding itinerary confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, eliminating the need to track down confirmation codes and manually select flights within the app.
- Track flights all across the world, regardless of start and end points. FlightView now offers coverage for nearly 90 percent of all airline seats in the world -- more coverage than any other mobile or online flight tracker.
- Access trip information and profiles across different devices. Travelers can edit their profiles and trips on one FlightView property (like FlightView.com) and see the changes on a different property, like an Android smartphone or even an iOS product, such as the iPad.
- View personalized, local information on user profiles. Travelers can create profiles, choose a preferred airline and select a home airport for localized information.
- More easily move from one page to another inside the app with improved top-level navigation and user experience.
"Our Android users have asked for an easier way to add and manage trip information," said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView, the day-of-travel information company. "The new itinerary upload process is fast and simple, and doesn't require any manual entry. It's one more way we're giving control back to travelers."
Downloaded by more than two million users, FlightView’s mobile apps power users to track flights in real-time, manage trips, monitor destination weather and account for nationwide airport delays. The latest upgrades complement FlightView's recently launched user profiles, which were rolled out earlier this year. The app is available in Free, Standard (.99) and Elite ($3.99) editions.
Click here for more information on setting up a profile, or download FlightView 3.0 on your Android device. FlightView rolled out similar upgrades for iPhone and iPad users in July.
FlightView is the leading provider of accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView was started in 2008 when CEO Mike Benjamin brought a new management and technology team to RLM Software, the first recipient of the ASDI (FAA radar) data feed and long-time consultant to the FAA. With a new focus on delivering actionable flight information across the full range of media platforms, FlightView was born. Since then, FlightView’s customer list has grown to include over 130 airports, several major and mid-sized airlines and other travel related customers who employ FlightView information in digital displays, Web and mobile sites, native apps, and other uses. FlightView mobile products were launched starting in 2009 and our native apps for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Palm platforms have logged over 2M downloads. FlightView is located in Newton, Massachusetts. To learn more, please visit FlightView.com and follow us on Twitter: @FlightView.
About 3Beam Technologies
3Beam Technologies LLC is a boutique software company that offers customers a number of different solutions from software development to product design and implementation. www.3beamtech.com.