MINNEAPOLIS--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Ceridian announces the launch of a new LifeWorks Wellness offering – an enhanced interactive online platform available to over 11 million Americans with employers who subscribe to LifeWorks – Ceridian’s EAP, Work-Life and Wellness offerings.
“Facilitating employee engagement, helping individuals achieve health and wellness goals and communicating success is now more attainable than before.”
Healthcare costs and lost productivity due to health-related issues are a significant burden for U.S. employers. In fact, poor health can cost employers up to $567 billion dollars a year*. A considerable portion of those costs is driven by behavior-related health issues – such as obesity, diabetes, tobacco use, and heart health. A major challenge for employers has been to engage their employees in activities that lead to better health outcomes and to changes that impact the bottom line.
“With LifeWorks Wellness, employers are empowered with online tools, trackers and tailored resources that effectively encourage greater and sustained participation in wellness initiatives,” says Mary Jo Davis, vice president, product management for LifeWorks, Ceridian HCM. “Facilitating employee engagement, helping individuals achieve health and wellness goals and communicating success is now more attainable than before.”
Some of the key features of LifeWorks Wellness include:
- Life Health Assessment: Health assessment summary reports for employees now link directly to specific health workshops and other tools and coaching support, based on an individual’s responses on the health assessment. Links to those recommended resources are featured on the site for employees on return visits.
- Online Workshops: LifeWorks Wellness offers 30 different online workshops, from 1 to 12 weeks in length. These are assigned to individuals based on their needs as identified by the health assessment. Individuals may also select workshops to reach personal health goals. The workshops are self-paced, which allows people to learn and participate at their own speed.
- Team and Individual Challenges: Exercise, walking and nutrition challenges can be set up by employers to encourage engagement in health-improving activities. This type of competition is a highly effective motivator and has been shown to increase employee participation rates and improve outcomes.
- Incentives: Points can be assigned to different activities on the Wellness site, such as completion of the health assessment or workshops, or participation in challenges or health coaching, as part of an organization’s incentive program. Point accumulation can be tied to Ceridian’s incentive management program, which handles the distribution of gift cards, or to an organization’s own incentive program.
- The Mobile Companion App: A health and wellness application for iPhone and Android devices that allows participants to record and track progress toward health goals. Entries in the app automatically update the participant’s logs and tracking tools on the LifeWorks Wellness site. The app enables access to team challenges and can be set to provide medication reminders.
Nutrition, exercise and overall health planning and measurement tools are also featured as well as a comprehensive, knowledgebase health library.
*Source: Integrated Benefits Institute, 2012
The LifeWorks service is a comprehensive EAP, Work-Life, and Wellness program that helps organizations improve employee health and wellness, increase employee engagement, and improve productivity. LifeWorks provides employees and family members with access to telephonic, in person and online services to address personal and work related issues. Employers realize returns in reduced absenteeism, increased productivity, lower turnover, and reduced health care costs.
About Ceridian HCM
Ceridian HCM is a leader in human capital management with more than 100,000 clients in over 50 countries. Ceridian HCM delivers trusted results and transformative technology. Our offering includes the award winning, cloud-based Dayforce HCM, LifeWorks, PowerPay and International Payroll. Ceridian is transforming the world of work. For more information about Ceridian HCM solutions call 1-800-729-7655.