MINNEAPOLIS--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Ceridian announces its free webinar: Payroll Compliance Issues for Year-End Processing and 2014. The one-hour webinar will feature guest speaker Debera Salam, director of payroll information services with Ernst & Young LLP's employment tax advisory services, who will share the latest trends and issues impacting payroll compliance.
The national budget debate, landmark Supreme Court cases, identity theft, entitlement fraud, and health care reform converged in 2013 to create new challenges around payroll and employment tax. In this webinar, we will explore the federal, state and local developments and trends that are shaping goals and priorities and how to respond. Ms. Salam will review the following:
- Federal legislation affecting the remainder of 2013
- Implications of Defense of Marriage Act on same-sex partner benefits
- Next steps following postponement of Affordable Care Act provisions
- Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) on severance and the potential for prior year refunds
- Unemployment insurance—Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) credit reductions and developments affecting employer costs
- State income tax goes retroactive, are you up to date?
- Employer identity theft and what you should do about it
Register today and join us on Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 2 p.m. till 3 p.m. ET to learn about important developments affecting employment tax compliance as we approach the 2013 year-end close.
About Ceridian HCM
Ceridian HCM is a leader in human capital management with more than 100,000 clients in over 50 countries. Ceridian HCM delivers trusted results and transformative technology. Our offering includes the award winning, cloud-based Dayforce HCM, LifeWorks, PowerPay and International Payroll. Ceridian HCM is transforming the world of work. For more information about Ceridian HCM solutions, call 1-800-729-7655 or visit www.ceridian.com.