AUSTIN, Texas--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Virtual Bridges, Inc. today announced VERDE 7, an update to its award-winning, high-performance virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution that is quick to deploy, easy to manage and extremely flexible to meet the needs of enterprises and service providers alike. Virtual Bridges now features roles-based access controls, multi-tenancy and network controls, while continuing to offer the broadest support for Windows and Linux desktops.
“VERDE 7 combines a robust, enterprise-class solution with the fastest, easiest and least expensive approach to desktop virtualization”
As Consumerization and BYOD demands continue to alter the way end users work, MSPs and in-house IT organizations are looking for lightweight and unobtrusive ways to provide secure, anytime, anywhere access to end-user devices, files, applications and programs.
“After vetting several virtual desktop platforms, it’s clear that Virtual Bridges is the only solution that is flexible enough to support both single client and multi-tenant client scenarios across a range of mixed-platform environments,” said Tim Kirsch, executive vice president at TurnKey Internet. “Our deployment was seamless and the solution undoubtedly outperformed all others that we tested. In addition, the price point offers incredible value for both partners and customers.”
Available today, the latest release from Virtual Bridges includes new features that allow IT professionals to easily deploy, configure and manage the entire end-user computing experience without sacrificing security or user satisfaction. Key additions include:
- Roles-Based Access Controls – fine-tuned granularity allows administrators to restrict access, separate roles within an organization and report, meter and chargeback.
- Network Controls – highly configurable bandwidth controls support quality of service (QoS), giving IT managers the ability to provide different priority to different applications, users or data flows; ensures the quality and security of the user experience, while addressing the “noisy neighbor” syndrome where a single user consumes a majority of available bandwidth, negatively impacting others.
- Multi-Tenancy – provides dedicated desktops, while leveraging shared storage and hardware; ideal for service providers and large organizations that want to separate departments, divisions or hosted customers while complying with Microsoft VDA licensing terms.
- Linux Dual Monitor – supports simultaneous use of two monitors displaying as a single desktop, addressing studies that have shown the use of more than one monitor can increase productivity by up to 40-50 percent.
- Broad Coverage of Client Devices – supports mobile devices including iOS and Android, in addition to Windows XP, 7 and 8; Mac OS X; Linux OS and thin clients.
“At Taneja Group we think this next year will show a real uptick in VDI adoption fueled by practical, cost-efficient offerings that truly provide enterprise class functionality at scale. Virtual Bridges VERDE 7 with built-in multi-tenancy features, efficient storage scaling, and broad multi-platform capability, now including support for developer-quality multi-monitor Linux and a wide range of mobile devices, looks to challenge the largest VDI vendors in MSPs and large enterprise private clouds,” said Mike Matchette, senior analyst and consultant at Taneja Group.
As an end-to-end solution, VERDE 7 continues to offer the lowest storage cap-ex in the industry through the company’s Storage Optimizer, which leverages inexpensive NAS storage in lieu of expensive SSD or third-party storage solutions. In addition, with a single ISO installation and integrated desktop virtualization appliance-like software, VERDE can be deployed quickly and easily scale horizontally using patented cluster technology.
“VERDE 7 combines a robust, enterprise-class solution with the fastest, easiest and least expensive approach to desktop virtualization,” said Jon Senger, chief strategy officer at Virtual Bridges. “The addition of multi-tenancy and roles-based access controls opens the doors for new VDI scenarios, where large enterprises can act as a service provider for their own organizations, and service providers are enabled to deliver secure, dedicated VDI desktops that comply with third party licensing agreements.”
For more information on VERDE 7, visit: http://vbridges.com/solutions.
For more information on Virtual Bridges support for MSPs, visit: http://vbridges.com/solutions/msps/
About Virtual Bridges
Virtual Bridges provides desktop cloud and virtualization solutions that help organizations simplify desktop management, improve security and compliance, and increase organizational agility across Windows and Linux environments. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas and backed by Austin Ventures. For more information visit: http://vbridges.com.