SAN FRANCISCO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Cleantech Group™, provider of the i3 market intelligence platform and global consulting services, today released preliminary 3Q13 results from i3. The firm reported that in Texas, clean technology venture investment during the quarter totaled $123 million, bringing the year-to-date total to $339 million.
“Efficiency continues to shine in 2013, leading the cleantech sector in terms of number of deals completed. Transportation saw considerable traction in Q3 2013, thanks in large part to Uber’s $258 million funding round led by Google Ventures and TPG Capital”
According to data in i3, Texas’s top deals and their investors were:
- KiOR, a Biofuels & Biochemicals company, raised $50 million from Khosla Ventures in a PIPE round
- HelioVolt, a Solar company, raised $19 million from SK Group in a structured debt round
- Turbine Air Systems (TAS Energy), an Energy Efficiency company, raised $12 million from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) in a growth equity round
- Ambiq Micro, an Energy Efficiency company, raised $10 million from Austin Ventures, Huron River Ventures, ARM, and Mercury Fund in a Series B round
- drillMap, a Conventional Fuels company, raised $6.5 million from RockPort Capital Partners, Ridgewood Capital, and ConocoPhillips in a Series A round
“Efficiency continues to shine in 2013, leading the cleantech sector in terms of number of deals completed. Transportation saw considerable traction in Q3 2013, thanks in large part to Uber’s $258 million funding round led by Google Ventures and TPG Capital,” said Sheeraz Haji, Chief Executive Officer of Cleantech Group. “Our i3 market intelligence platform reports that investor interest in software or cleanweb technologies is starting to scale, while the Agriculture and Advanced Materials sectors are making strong headway and are well-positioned to gain significant market traction in the years to come.”
i3 tracks the latest deals, trends, and insight into innovation, with data for over 22,000 companies across 18 sectors. The product also allows users to identify innovation clusters around the world, drill down into taxonomy for 18 sectors, and pursue company discovery.
While the bulk of the data is only accessible by subscribers, a subset of data has recently been made available in i3.
About Cleantech Group Inc.
Cleantech Group helps clients accelerate sustainable innovation. The company’s i3 market intelligence platform, which tracks over $7 billion of deal flow across 22,000 cleantech companies annually, allows subscribers to discover companies and explore resource technology trends strategically with proprietary real-time data. Cleantech Forums bring together thought leaders and innovators in the cleantech and sustainability ecosystem. The company’s Advisory Services leverage expertise in designing and executing corporate strategies for sustainable growth and innovation sourcing. Details at www.cleantech.com