SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Favado is a free mobile savings app that helps shoppers discover the best deals on their favorite items at local grocery and drugstores. Using Favado, shoppers can easily compare sales and prices across a range of stores, track favorites, and discover additional savings, ensuring they don’t miss a deal again.
Buying groceries is one of our largest non-discretionary expenses, but tracking sales and promotions takes too much legwork - something many don’t have the time or money to do. With Favado, shoppers can easily save big on groceries by quickly browsing deals at local stores, building, managing and sharing shopping lists, and discovering additional savings on sale items for double the discount. Favado features nationwide coverage representing more than 65,000 grocery and drugstores, ensuring every zip code can use the app to save.
Key features include:
- Compare prices: Favado features sales information for your favorite grocery, drug, and big box chain stores that touch every corner of the country. Easily compare prices on specific items or categories across multiple stores at once.
- Easy organization: Save the sales you want to your list, organized by store. Email the list to yourself and access opportunities for additional savings.
- Top deals: Favado partners with the nation’s top money saving experts who provide regional sales data. These experts pick their favorite “top deals” for the week to help shoppers save even more.
- Personalized sales: Most people buy the same items week to week. Save favorite products and brands to the “Faves” list to see stores offering sales on preferred items.
- Notifications: Hate missing a new sale? We’ll send notifications of new sales for stores you select.
- Coupon matching: Ever bought something to realize later there was a coupon for it? Stacking coupons on top of sales is the secret weapon for a lot of shoppers. Favado lets shoppers know when additional savings are available and where to find them to get the best possible price. Extra savings examples include: ecoupons, newspaper inserts, even mail-in-rebate offers.
“The team at Savings.com noticed that ‘groceries’ was the most searched category on our site - our visitors wanted grocery deals from us. Plus, we had excellent long-term relationships with the nation’s top grocery bloggers. So, we were confident we could build an app that aggregates all the best sales and coupons across stores, lets shoppers easily build, manage and share lists, and discover further savings to regularly save up to 70% on their weekly grocery bill,” said Loren Bendele, President of Savings.com.
The Favado app is powered with data supplied by more than 80 money saving experts who contribute regional sales information every week from local grocery, drug and big box stores. These influential money experts track comprehensive sales information from places like circulars, tips from readers, online specials, unadvertised sales, and more. Favado’s expert-sourced data feed creates a unique offering unavailable in other grocery comparison apps, giving shoppers unparalleled insight into what’s on sale, comparing across stores, and matching with opportunities for additional savings.
Heather Clarke, founder of queenbeecoupons.com, is a grocery and money-saving expert, and one of the hand-selected data contributors powering the Favado app. “I jumped at the opportunity to partner with Favado because I knew the emphasis would be on accurate, useful sales and coupon information. It's all about real deals for real people, no spam or gimmicks. Not only is the sales data comprehensive, it's well organized with lots of features to help you tailor the deals to your needs and never be left to pay full price. Favado is hands down the best savings app I've seen to date.”
Favado, incubated within Savings.com, initially launched as a test in early 2013 under the name “Grocery Nation”. Shoppers in Indiana and Ohio made lists, compared prices by zip code, and used the additional savings found with coupon matching to save a great deal of time and money. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive, indicating a greater need for a national solution. Highlights and observations of the Grocery Nation beta test include:
- 500 active users
- Shoppers spent an average of 2-3 minutes per session
- On average, browsed sales from six local stores
- They added an average of 17 sale items to their shopping list per week
- And most importantly, they came back several times a week for new sales
Favado, the free mobile savings app, is available on the App Store for iPhone as well as most popular Android devices. The app is designed to benefit everyone, from casual shoppers looking to save a few bucks, to expert couponers, and everyone in between.
At launch, Favado includes more than 40,000 sale and coupon combinations, which are updated weekly by savings experts for more than 65,000 grocery and drug stores nationwide representing small to big-box retailers, such as: Piggly Wiggly, Kroger, Walgreens, Safeway, Target, Rite Aid, Albertsons, and Meijer.
Favado (http://www.favado.com) is a mobile savings app that helps shoppers save time and money by discovering the best deals in more than 65,000 grocery and drugstores nationwide. The Favado app uses real-time couponing data to provide access to exclusive matching deals (coupons plus in-store promotions) for ultimate savings. The information is aggregated and personally vetted by a community of bloggers, who work exclusively with Favado to help unearth the best -- and often times unadvertised -- deals in local stores throughout the country. Other features include planning tools for weekly shopping trips and insider access to unlisted deals. Favado is a subsidiary of Savings.com, the leading coupon and deal website. On Savings.com, shoppers can access thousands of exclusive offers from the biggest retailer names along with up to 100,000 active deals from online and national retailers. For more information, visit us at www.Favado.com or check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 30 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.