MIAMI BEACH, Fla.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--As a new social season begins on Miami Beach, renowned chefs, restaurateurs, real estate developers and hoteliers continue to invest in the city; bringing their businesses and brands here as Miami Beach ups its game, attracting an increased number of global (and U.S.) residents who are putting down stakes - and visitors who are curious about this city by the sea that is buzzed about everywhere. Brand Miami Beach has truly become an IT destination. And the numbers tell the story: Over a dozen celebrity chefs call Miami Beach home; 50 new restaurants and 13 new hotels have opened or are slated to open this year and luxury condo buildings are going up every few months. Miami Beach is a lightning rod - a beacon - and just when you thought it couldn’t get any sexier or hotter, the culinary, real estate and arts scenes - among others - continues to explode. As the 2013-14 season opens, "New" is the code word all over the city.
“Year on year Miami Beach is becoming a global city, a force to be reckoned with in the real estate, hotel, restaurant and entertainment businesses”
“Year on year Miami Beach is becoming a global city, a force to be reckoned with in the real estate, hotel, restaurant and entertainment businesses,” says Jeff Lehman, Chair, Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). “No longer just a beach town, Miami Beach has evolved into a complex, urbane, chic city that is attracting the best-of-the-best around the world. Becoming more erudite and refined, this city is maturing before the world’s eyes.”
Miami Beach never disappoints. It is a city full of surprises, an evolving scene, a plethora of hotel, restaurant and event offerings and of course, Art Basel…. Season 2013-14 will be no different as globally recognized hotel brands - Marriott, Hyatt; celebrities, new restaurants by award-winning chefs – Michael Mina 74, Lure Fishbar; European imports - Laduree – and ultra luxe condo towers open their doors and/or put down roots on Miami Beach. The city’s popularity and appeal has businesses and celebs flocking from Las Vegas, Chicago, New York and Paris.
Below is an overview of What’s Hot, What’s New on Miami Beach, Season 2013-14:
- “Tent Pile”- the Design Miami Pavilion for Art Basel
- Scope Art Fair defects to Miami Beach from Midtown Miami
Faena Hotel and Design District
- Uber-luxurious Faena House by Foster + Partners/helmed by Star architect Lord Norman Foster
- 18-story, 47 unit building; private residential beach club separate from the Faena Hotel; pools, men's and women's spas and "gardens with both common areas and more intimate spaces" designed by Raymond Jungles
Marriot’s AC Hotel Brand
- “High design”
- The first of this brand to be built in the U.S. and they chose Miami Beach for their inaugural location
Reopening of Hotel Victor
- $8 million renovation
- Redesigned by Yabu Pushelberg
The Edition (luxury Marriott brand)
- Expected to open in second half of 2014
Hyatt South Beach
- 1st location on the Beach, to open in 2015
- 3720 Collins
- Being renovated by the Lieberman development company; slated to open at the end of 2013
Adore Night Club
- Cy Waits and Cory McCormack of Ocean First Group (Tryst and Encore in Vegas)
- Adorned in gold, the venue surpasses the traditional concepts of Miami Beach nightlife, providing a lavish outlet for V.I.P. guests, superstar DJs and celebrities to play.
Versace Mansion Sale
- Sold for $41.5 million in September
- Broke ground on the Beach in late September
- Deposit price (50%)- starts at $256,000
Residences at Miami Beach Edition
- Expected to open in 2014
- 1-4 bedrooms
- Approximately $3,000 /sqft
- Construction started in October 2013
- 30 Units
4000 Alton Road
- 65 units
- Sales to start in 2014
- $2.1 million residence
Michael Mina 74
- From Celebrity Chef Michael Mina, will be in the lobby of the Fountainebleau
- Will open in November
- James Beard Award-winning Tony Mantuano will be opening up his very first Miami restaurant in SBE's upcoming Redbury hotel. It'll be a "casual Italian" spot serving up handmade pizzas, entrees off the grill, and house made gelatos. Helming the cocktail program is Michael Jack Pazdon of Napa Valley's Goose & Gander.
- Expected on open mid to late fall
- New York City's Lure Fishbar is being brought to the beach (specifically the Loews Miami Beach Hotel). As the name might imply, there will be a seafood bar, a raw bar and a sushi bar, plus burgers and steaks.
- Expected to open November 2013
- The Pubbelly boys strike once more; this time with a classic sharing-style French concept (but they are still working on the menu) in a "Pubbelly-esque environment". Chef Mendin refers to it as a "really cool brasserie" – get excited.
- Expected to open late 2013
- The famous Parisian Macaroon shop will take the place of the Anthropologie on Lincoln Road