SACRAMENTO, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Two years after Public Safety Realignment became law, counties continue to adjust to the responsibility of managing more people in their local justice systems. Meanwhile, the state is under court order to make further reductions to its prison population. Under such pressure, how can California reverse the decades-old trend of high incarceration and recidivism rates?
Come hear from local, state and national experts share their perspectives on the most effective methods to protect public safety, including current challenges the state faces and success stories here and in other states. Our panel discussion will feature:
- Lenore Anderson, Executive Director, Californians for Safety and Justice
- Bill Brown, Santa Barbara County Sheriff
- Nina Salarno Ashford, Crime Victims United
- Michele Scray Brown, Chief Probation Officer of San Bernardino County
LUNCH IS A BUFFET:
- Pasta, tri tip and chicken piccata.
WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 23, 11:30 registration opens, lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
WHERE: *****A NEW LOCATION FOR THIS EVENT***** Capitol Plaza
1025 9th Street, 3rd floor.
RSVP BY 5 p.m. Monday, October 21 at www.sacpressclub.org
Cost: $25 members/$30 non-members
Reminder: The Sacramento Press Club is holding this event at Capitol Plaza Ballroom, 1025 9th Street, 3rd floor.