NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today unveiled ten board members elected to join the MMA North America Board of Directors. The announcement was made on the heels of the MMA conference, SM2, where business leaders from across marketing and media landscape converged to share their expertise on the evolution of mobile.
“To truly impact the growth and development of mobile, all parties of the ecosystem must be represented. With the recent appointments, the North America Board is a leading force to transform the role of mobile within the marketing mix.”
The new board members were elected by the MMA’s North American membership and will serve a two-year term. With the appointed executives from the marketing, agency and media community, it is a testament to the value and thought-leadership that the MMA provides to the entire mobile ecosystem.
“As mobile evolves and new technology is introduced, the role of the MMA becomes even more vital to provide intelligence and demystify the changing media terrain. The newly elected board members offer diverse areas of expertise from the marketing landscape. With their leadership, the MMA can continue to be a catalyst for growth and advance the mobile marketing industry,” said Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes and Chair of the MMA North America Board of Directors. “The MMA’s mission is to evolve mobile as an integral component of the marketing mix and the North America Board of Directors is poised to drive that mission forward.”
The new and reelected board members include:
- Edward Kaczmarek, Director of Innovation & Emerging Technology, Mondelez International
- Edward Prince, SVP Media and New Ventures, Neustar, Inc.
- Doug Rozen, SVP / General Manager, MXM Mobile
- Louis K. Gump, CEO, LSN Mobile
- Michael Donnelly, SVP Group Head Global Digital Marketing, Mastercard
- Amit Shah, Vice President, Online, Mobile & Social, 1-800-Flowers.com
- Virginia Suliman, VP Digital Design and Development, Hilton Worldwide
- Jim Thompson, VP of CRM, Loyalty, Digital Marketing, American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Matt Wise, CEO, ePrize, Inc.
- Tatyana Zlotsky, VP, Digital Experience & Marketing Solutions, American Express OPEN
The returning members of the MMA North America Board of Directors include:
- Kent Anderson, President, Macys.com
- Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Director, New Market Development, Verizon Wireless
- David Castillo, Chief Technology Officer, Voltari Corporation
- Jay Emmet, General Manager, OpenMarket - Amdocs
- Brent Hieggelke, Chief Marketing Officer, Urban Airship
- Monica Ho, VP of Marketing, xAd
- Tim Kopp, Chief Marketing Officer, ExactTarget
- Brendon Kraham, Director, Global Mobile Sales & Product Strategy, Google
- Trish Mueller, SVP & CMO, The Home Depot
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes
- Anne Schelle, CEO & Partner, Acta Wireless
- Mollie Spilman, EVP of Global Sales & Marketing, Millennial Media
- Jeremy Steinberg, Senior Vice President, Digital Ad Sales, The Weather Company
- Krishna Subramanian, Chief Marketing Officer, Velti plc
- Crid Yu, Managing Director, North America, InMobi
“Coming out of SM2, it was increasingly evident that marketers have shifted from the role of the student to the professor as the sophistication of their mobile outreach has advanced. To see these brand leaders raise their hands to join the MMA North America Board of Directors alongside other media, tech and agency executives is telling of the value that the MMA offers to the industry,” said Greg Stuart, CEO, MMA. “To truly impact the growth and development of mobile, all parties of the ecosystem must be represented. With the recent appointments, the North America Board is a leading force to transform the role of mobile within the marketing mix.”
The MMA North America Executive Committee is comprised of:
- Chair: Jack Philbin, CEO & Co-Founder, Vibes
- Vice Chair: Anne Schelle, CEO & Partner, Acta Wireless
- Treasurer: Jay Emmet, General Manager, OpenMarket - Amdocs
- Secretary: Tatyana Zlotsky, VP, Digital Experience & Mktg Solutions, American Express OPEN
- At Large: Edward Kaczmarek, Director of Innovation & Emerging Technology, Mondelez International
In addition to chairing the MMA North America Board of Directors, Philbin was also elected as Global Vice Chair for the MMA Global Board of Directors.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing nearly fifty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.