CALABASAS, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Ixia (Nasdaq:XXIA) enables the high performance of modern data centers, with a fraction of the previously required resources, with its new PerfectStorm™ validation and testing platform. As complex applications and virtualization continue to increase data center infrastructure risks, PerfectStorm, within a single chassis, mitigates against these risks by generating real application and malicious traffic at scales of nearly one terabit. PerfectStorm also scales to handle high session rates, supporting 24 million connections per a second and up to 720 million concurrent sessions, similar to the nearly every person in Europe initiating an Internet search.
“Today’s data centers are incredibly complex, and successfully navigating new technologies and features comes at the risk of costly downtime”
Enterprises, service providers, data center operators and network equipment manufacturers delivering mission-critical applications are deploying complex, leading-edge technologies to help keep pace with increasing business and end-user requirements. This, along with the need for flexible scalability, means organizations need to validate the data center infrastructure to ensure it will perform and remain secure under peak loads without overstressing finite resources.
Data center operators and network equipment manufacturers demand systems that perform at the levels required to test and ensure the resiliency of the data center infrastructure. The PerfectStorm platform is the only system that provides modular scalability, achieving near terabit levels of mixed application and malicious traffic to securely test all elements of today’s complex data centers, including server applications, storage workloads and networking elements.
In a single 11U chassis, PerfectStorm enables comprehensive data center validation by seamlessly unifying the IxLoad and BreakingPoint software applications into a single system to deliver:
- Unprecedented data center testing performance with nearly a terabit of traffic equaling 720 million concurrent TCP sessions at 24 million sessions per second.
- 960 Gbps of blended application traffic, including over 200 application protocols and over 35,000 malicious attacks, to validate every element of the data center with confidence, including applications, security, storage, networking, voice and video, at any scale with a single platform.
- The industry’s highest performance density solution available, delivering in an 11U form factor the performance that requires over 25 feet of rack space from the competition, reducing data center costs for space, cooling and electricity.
- Actionable insight to understand how networks will react based on real-world assessment of any data center infrastructure weaknesses.
- Support for the latest high-density connectivity options with 8x10Gbps and 2x40Gbps interfaces per blade, which will enable rapid data center adoption while not taking up entire racks of space in the data center.
- Easy-to-set-up-and–use management of the high-scale and multi-user system.
“We pride ourselves on providing customers with network security solutions that deliver outstanding performance and protection in the most demanding networking environments in the world, and Ixia has consistently helped us meet that goal – both in R&D and customer proof of concepts,” said John Maddison, Vice President of Marketing for Fortinet. “Ixia’s actionable insight into performance and security has helped customers realize the benefit of Fortinet’s solutions. With the new PerfectStorm product, our customers will benefit from the knowledge that Fortinet security products are tested and validated under the most demanding real world conditions."
“Today’s data centers are incredibly complex, and successfully navigating new technologies and features comes at the risk of costly downtime,” said Jeff Wilson, Principal Analyst for Infonetics Research. “Data center operators and equipment manufacturers need to make sure infrastructure refresh cycles are both efficient and effective, and Ixia’s PerfectStorm platform helps with this by providing the realism of mixed application and malicious traffic with the scale needed for any size network.”
Ixia develops amazing products so its customers can connect the world. Ixia helps its customers provide an always-on user experience through fast, secure delivery of dynamic, connected technologies and services. Through actionable insights that accelerate and secure application and service delivery, Ixia’s customers benefit from faster time to market, optimized application performance and higher-quality deployments. Learn more at http://www.ixiacom.com.