LOS ANGELES--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Jeanne Holm, United States White House Evangelist for Data.gov, will present “Using Big Data for Corporate Innovation and Agility” at the Digital Innovation @Pepperdine Conference (http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/events/digital-innovation/) on Friday, October 18, in Malibu, announced Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management.
“Digital Transformation of Healthcare Benefits and Payments”
As business enters the frontier of total digitization, the most groundbreaking opportunities for innovating business strategies and models, products, services, processes and communication will involve digital technology. Digital Innovation @Pepperdine is an industry-academic conference exploring the latest developments in digital technologies and their business applications.
As the evangelist for Data.gov, an open government flagship project for the White House, Jeanne Holm assists the public, educators, developers, and international and state governments in using open government data. Holm is also chief knowledge architect at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, driving innovation through social media, virtual worlds, gaming, ontologies and collaborative systems. She is a fellow at the United Nations International Academy of Astronautics and chair of the W3C eGovernment Group.
The conference will take place 8:30 – 5:00 and the schedule of speakers has been announced as follows:
- "Digital Transformation of Healthcare Benefits and Payments," Venky Kulkarni, Chief Information Officer and VP for Digital Health, Medavie Blue Cross; 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- "Innovating the Customer Experience with Digital Technologies," Allen Fazio, VP of Global Business Technology Strategy, Disney Theme Parks & Resorts; 10:15 - 11:25 a.m.
- "Digital Innovations in Aerospace," Ken Venner, Chief Information Officer, SpaceX; 11:35 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- "Using Big Data for Corporate Innovation and Agility," Jeanne Holm, United States White House Evangelist, Data.gov; 2:00 - 3:00 p.m
- "Balancing Digital Innovation and Digital Security," Demetrios "Laz" Lazarikos, Former Chief Information Security Officer, Sears; 3:00 - 3:15 p.m.
- "Reflections, Personal Experiences, and Anticipating the Future of Digital Innovation and IS Management;" a panel discussion featuring Brooke Aguilar, VP of Global Business Development, Fluid, Inc.; Sashi Edupunganti, Director of Software Solutions, NBCUniversal; Ted Hooten, Senior Sales Leader, Internap; Pandora Ovanessian, Vice President of Management Information Systems, Thermo Fischer Scientific; 4:15 - 5:00 p.m.
Open to the public, general admission is $150. Pepperdine alumni may attend for $75 and student admission is $25. Lunch and a networking reception following the conference are included.
Digital Innovation @Pepperdine is sponsored in-part by Internap (www.internap.com), providers of IT Infrastructure solutions through enterprise IP, colocation, managed hosting, cloud storage, dedicated servers and CDN services.
About Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management
Founded on the core values of integrity, stewardship, courage, and compassion, Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business and Management has been developing values-centered leaders who advance responsible business practice since 1969. Student-focused, experience-driven and globally oriented, the Graziadio School offers fully accredited MBA, Masters of Science, bachelor’s completion and non-degree executive business programs for business professionals, entrepreneurs, managers and senior executives at all stages of their professional and personal development. More information: http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/newsroom.