CHICAGO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Xylem Inc., a leading global water technology company focused on addressing the world’s most challenging water issues, will showcase its portfolio of industry-leading brands and comprehensive solutions at the Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) 2013. Xylem’s expertise in the water, wastewater, and surface water industry segments will be on display throughout the show. Its pumping, treatment, field, online and lab capabilities will be displayed in booth #1443 and #3940 (MultiTrode booth) at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois from October 7 - 9.
“Our customers will be able to see our applications expertise very clearly at WEFTEC”
Market focus and comprehensive solutions
Xylem will highlight its ability to combine the company’s leading technologies used to move, treat and analyze water and wastewater with its engineering and application expertise to provide integrated and optimized solutions for industrial treatment, water reuse and water treatability testing. Xylem will also demonstrate its comprehensive solutions and focused market approach, rolling out a number of new products across multiple brands at WEFTEC 2013.
Xylem’s brands serve numerous market segments, and among those segments taking center stage this year will be water, wastewater, and storm water applications. Many of the brands that currently make up the Xylem portfolio will be exhibiting at WEFTEC, including YSI, Godwin Pumps, OI Analytical, Wedeco, WTW, Leopold, Global Water, MJK Automation, Sanitaire, and Flygt. Xylem’s latest acquisition, MultiTrode, will also be featured.
“Our customers will be able to see our applications expertise very clearly at WEFTEC,” said Steve Loranger, CEO and president of Xylem. “We are proud of our innovative technologies and superior product brands, and our ability to create holistic solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers. These capabilities are demonstrated across a broad range of markets and that’s really exciting.”
Beyond the booth
Xylem’s Godwin Pumps and YSI-branded products can be found supporting the maintenance and lab events of the WEFTEC Ops Challenge, which is a series of competitive events designed to test the diverse skills required for the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment facilities, their collection systems and laboratories. Xylem will also offer a number of technical presentations, showcasing capabilities in numerous categories.
New product and service offerings
A number of new products and service offerings will be launched at WEFTEC 2013.
- Xylem’s YSI brand will be launching the new P 700 IQ Orthophosphate Analyzer, which measures the amount of orthophosphate (ORP) throughout the wastewater treatment process. Also new from YSI is MultiLab IDS, a new line of multi-parameter lab instruments and smart sensors for the water and wastewater markets that can measure three parameters at a time. YSI will also introduce a new rugged field meter in their line of professional series meters, the new Pro1030 Handheld Meter, which measures pH, ORP, and conductivity in the field.
- Xylem’s OI Analytical brand will highlight the FS 3100 Automated Chemistry Analyzer for analysis of Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen (TKN) and Ammonia in the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) wastewater samples. TKN is the U.S. EPA-approved parameter used to measure organic nitrogen and nitrogen.
- Xylem will unveil the Flygt MultiSmart intelligent pump station controller at the show. This next-generation controller enables operators to maximize the efficiency of their facility and is the company’s latest addition to its portfolio of advanced monitoring and control technologies.
- Xylem has further extended its capacity range of closed-vessel ultraviolet (UV) disinfection systems with the launch of the WEDECO LBXe series, optimized for large-scale wastewater treatment plants, industrial and water reuse applications.
- Also new this year from Xylem is the Sanitaire OSCAR process performance optimizer system that uses real time controls and data to help significantly reduce the energy consumption of a wastewater treatment facility.
- Lastly, Xylem will announce the extension of its TotalCare service concept to include the Sanitaire portfolio of wastewater treatment products and systems. TotalCare leverages the extensive engineering expertise of Xylem’s global network of service professionals and brings that ‘know-how’ directly to customers.
To learn more about the complete range of products from Xylem, please visit www.xyleminc.com.
Xylem, YSI, Godwin Pumps, OI Analytical, WEDECO, WTW, Leopold, Global Water, MJK Automation, Sanitaire, Flygt, MultiTrode, P 700 IQ, MultiLab IDS, Pro1030, OSCAR, FS 3100 and TotalCare are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of Xylem Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Xylem (NYSE: XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Xylem is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with 2012 annual revenues of $3.8 billion and approximately 12,900 employees worldwide. Xylem has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the last two years for advancing sustainable business practices and solutions worldwide.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all -- that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xyleminc.com.