ATLANTA--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Weather Company today launched an all-new homepage for weather.com, the top weather website and one of the most highly visited overall sites in the country. Known for having the most reliable forecasts to help plan a consumer’s day, the new homepage also offers a beautiful new approach that makes it easier to find information, such as local forecasts and local stories, about the weather affecting a consumer right now.
“We’ve been hard at work on our next evolution of the homepage and have completely reimagined it all based on user feedback”
“We’ve been hard at work on our next evolution of the homepage and have completely reimagined it all based on user feedback,” said Cameron Clayton, president, digital division, at The Weather Company. “The new page previously launched in beta to a small portion of weather.com users, and our engagement is taking off with the new features and unparalleled access to weather analysis. The increased local relevance and reimagined news storytelling creates an experience that prioritizes the most important local information for our customers, and exploring our exclusive coverage is easier than ever before.”
Consumers will see a few highlighted new features, including the following:
- Your Localized Information – Consumers want to know what impacts them right now, so we now show the local forecast, local weather alerts, local traffic information, and local news right on the homepage. Get precipitation notifications, NWS alerts and traffic views right on the top of the page to help with immediate planning.
- Responsive Design – Knowing how many of our users are big fans of tablets and laptops, the new weather.com works on any screen size from a 7-inch tablet to a 52-inch monitor, auto adjusting to give users the best experience on any device, any time.
- Simpler Navigation – A beautiful navigation makes it easy for users to find what they need. The new navigation bar follows users on every page and predicts your current location when needed.
- Easier to Explore Your World – We know users love our stories, videos, and pictures but were getting frustrated with the way we were organizing them. The homepage is now broken out by topic and adds the easy-to-use navigation bar.
- The Little Things – Nothing is overlooked at weather.com. New additions like the “did you know” module now helps consumers get the weather knowledge they expect to find.
- Severe Weather Page – Consumers wanted understandable data more quickly, so weather.com now displays storm data immediately along the top of the page. The beautifully laid out page gives the most updated information on severe weather in an easy-to-read format, such as exclusive news coverage, a detailed storm tracker, and a live feed with up-to-the minute alerts and information.
Upcoming additions to weather.com include a redefined look at social weather, based on the amazing user-generated content created by the weather.com community, and an easier way to upload photos and videos, sign on and sign up for alerts.
Check out the new homepage at www.weather.com.
The Weather Company: Where the World Gets its Weather
Through The Weather Channel, weather.com, Weather Underground, Intellicast.com, and third-party publishing partners, the company provides millions of people every day with the world's best weather forecasts, content and data, connecting with them through television, online, mobile and tablet screens. Through WSI and Weather Central, the company delivers superior professional weather services for the media, aviation, marine and energy sectors. The Weather Company is owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital. For more information, visit www.weather.com/press.