LONG BEACH, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.) CEO Joel Singer will moderate two brand new panels during its annual EXPO conference at the Long Beach Convention Center featuring distinguished academics, authors, and experts. These panels are part of C.A.R.’s Thought Leadership program and mark the first time that the program will have a presence at the annual event to showcase C.A.R.’s position as a leading housing organization.
“The Next Hundred Million: America in 2050”
The first Thought Leadership panel will take place on October 9 at 2:45 p.m., and is titled “Understanding Today’s Consumer: The Impact of Demographic Trends.” Experts will discuss major demographic shifts that will shape trends in the housing industry. Joining Singer on the panel will be the following:
- Professor and demographer Dowell Myers, University of Southern California; Director of USC’s Population Dynamics Research Group
- Professor Susan Brown, Associate Director of UC Irvine’s Immigration Research Center; Professor of Sociology
- Riva Froymovich, journalist and author of “End of the Good Life: How the Financial Crisis Threatens a Lost Generation - and What We Can Do About It”; expert on Gen Y and content manager at The Economist
The second Thought Leadership panel will take place on October 10 at 9:45 a.m., and is titled “Tomorrow’s Housing: The Future of California Real Estate.” Panelists will discuss how the nation’s housing system needs to evolve and the future of homeownership. The following experts are featured on the panel:
- Joel Kotkin, author of “The Next Hundred Million: America in 2050”; Distinguished Presidential Fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University
- Joe Mathews, author and California editor for Zócalo Public Square; fellow with Arizona State University’s Center for Social Cohesion and senior fellow at the New America Foundation
- Perry Wong, Research Director of the Milken Institute; expert on regional economics, development and econometric forecasting
Panelists will be available to the press immediately following each session.
Journalists who would like to attend either of these discussions, please email Lotus Lou at email@example.com or call 213-739-8304. For more information on CALIFORNIA REALTOR® EXPO 2013, visit http://expo.car.org.
These two panel sessions are part of a series of events and activities under C.A.R.’s new Thought Leadership program, which was launched this year. The Thought Leadership Program is an initiative that promotes intellectual engagement with a broad set of stakeholders, the cultivation of resource-rich outcomes to raise the bar of professionalism, and the enhancement of C.A.R.’s position as a leading housing organization.
Leading the way…® in California real estate for more than 100 years, the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (www.car.org) is one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States with 155,000 members dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. C.A.R. is headquartered in Los Angeles.