NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Perella Weinberg Partners today announced that Cem Koray has joined the Firm as a Managing Director in its Advisory business. Based in New York, Mr. Koray will work closely with Partner Joseph Gatto, providing strategic and financial advice to clients in the consumer products and retail sectors.
“Perella Weinberg Partners is a well-regarded independent advisory firm, known for its thoughtful, objective advice and strong execution capabilities. I look forward to working with Joe Gatto and this talented team of bankers as we continue to advise clients and further enhance our coverage of the consumer products space.”
Mr. Koray has more than 10 years of investment banking experience in London and New York. He was most recently an Executive Director in J.P. Morgan’s Consumer & Retail Investment Banking Group, where he advised a broad range of consumer products clients. During his tenure at J.P. Morgan, Mr. Koray advised on a number of notable transactions, including Altria Group, Inc. on its acquisition of UST Inc. for $11.7 billion; White Rock Distilleries on its sale of Pinnacle Vodka and Calico Jack rum brands to Beam Inc. for $605 million; Coty Inc. on its $1.0 billion IPO; and Pernod Ricard on its sale of the Wild Turkey brand to Gruppo Campari for $581 million.
Peter Weinberg, a Founding Partner and Head of Advisory at Perella Weinberg Partners, said, “We are committed to providing clients first-rate, independent advice and to further enhancing our intellectual talent to meet the increasing need for objective advice on complex financial situations. Hiring Cem, an experienced consumer products banker, is consistent with this strategy, and we are excited to welcome him to Perella Weinberg Partners.”
Cem Koray stated, “Perella Weinberg Partners is a well-regarded independent advisory firm, known for its thoughtful, objective advice and strong execution capabilities. I look forward to working with Joe Gatto and this talented team of bankers as we continue to advise clients and further enhance our coverage of the consumer products space.”
Perella Weinberg Partners has been actively advising consumer and retail clients. Some of the Firm’s assignments include advising:
- Hostess Brands Inc. in connection with the sale of the company for approximately $1.0 billion;
- rue21, inc. in connection with its take-private by Apax Partners for $1.0 billion;
- Office Depot, Inc. on its defense against shareholder activist Starboard Value and to the Transaction Committee of the Office Depot Board of Directors in connection with its merger of equals with OfficeMax Incorporated for $1.2 billion;
- Collective Brands, Inc. in connection with its sale to a consortium comprised of Wolverine Worldwide, Blum Capital Partners and Golden Gate Capital for $2.0 billion;
- The Board of Directors of Del Monte Foods Company in connection with its sale to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., Vestar Capital Partners and Centerview Partners for $5.3 billion; and
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. in connection with its sale to PepsiCo for $14.8 billion.
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading independent, client-focused financial services firm providing advisory and asset management services to a broad, global client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The Advisory business advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, defense advisory, financial restructuring, private capital raising, and pension matters. The Asset Management business includes a suite of hedge fund strategies, private investment funds (including real estate) and outsourced CIO solutions. Together with its affiliates, the Asset Management business has capital commitments and managed assets of approximately $10.1 billion. With more than 400 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, London, Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Denver, Dubai, and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit http://www.pwpartners.com.