MEDIA, Pa. & SPARKS, Md.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Apacheta, a leading provider of flexible mobile business applications, announced today that Wittenbach Business Systems, a premier provider of money processing and security solutions for financial institutions and retail organizations, has deployed a mobile field service solution using Apacheta ServiceACE as part of the company’s “Going Mobile 2.0” initiative. This solution, which is used by over 120 service technicians throughout eleven states, has enabled Wittenbach to streamline its break/fix and preventative maintenance operations and deliver timely and effective service of ATMs, teller automation and money processing machines, bank equipment and security systems.
“We required a flexible solution that could support the latest devices and connect to our back end system to deliver customer and service history to our field technicians”
After first moving from paper to mobile devices in 2005 to shorten billing cycles, in 2012 the company wanted to upgrade to a next generation mobile solution to shorten service call response time, increase the first time fix rate, improve equipment uptime and increase preventative maintenance completion rates. A critical requirement for this solution was to replace obsolete hardware with the more powerful Android smartphone by Motorola, while having the flexibility to utilize additional devices in the future. In addition, Wittenbach required a solution that could integrate with the company’s Microsoft Dynamics® NAV ERP system for dispatch, billing, and service order management.
“We required a flexible solution that could support the latest devices and connect to our back end system to deliver customer and service history to our field technicians,” stated J. Chris Allio, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Wittenbach. “With Apacheta’s cross-platform support and flexible workflows, we can quickly adapt to changes in the business and ensure we won’t get locked into one particular hardware platform.”
Wittenbach now has a seamless mobile solution that covers an entire field service technician’s day, allowing them to:
- Process service calls more effectively to improve response time
- Accept or reject calls depending on whether or not they can meet the required SLA response time
- Improve first time fix rates and complete calls more quickly with mobile access to a complete service order history
- Document service provided by adding repair codes and including photo documentation of damaged equipment for exception reports
- Track time spent on site and on each repair code to provide more accurate invoicing
- Capture signatures for work completed and automatically email customer to reduce billing disputes
- Map outstanding or upcoming preventative maintenance calls in the area to increase productivity, reduce drive time, increase equipment uptime and improve preventative maintenance completion rates
- Manage parts inventory at a van and technician level, including the transfer of parts between locations or technicians to reduce inventory demands
“Our goal is to conduct business electronically, efficiently, and in real-time,” stated Allio. “Through our Going Mobile 2.0 initiative we have streamlined our service organization to create a measurable competitive advantage.”
As a result of this implementation, the company’s open call report has shrunk considerably and the amount of inventory they need to carry on hand has also been reduced. Leveraging data collected in the field, Wittenbach has created a web-based service interface that provides customers with access to status and resolution updates, using technology to deliver a true competitive advantage.
About Apacheta Corporation
Apacheta Corporation provides flexible mobile applications that enable consumer packaged goods, field service, and transportation-based businesses to streamline field operations. Our solid customer base includes Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Bimbo USA, G&K Services, United Rentals, Bally Technologies, New Century Transportation and others.