DALLAS--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Calpian, Inc. (OTC: CLPI) CEO Harold Montgomery and Money on Mobile CEO Shashank M Joshi announced today that the Company’s subsidiary, mobile payment subsidiary, Money on Mobile, has completed formal direct bill payment integration arrangements with five Indian utility providers covering a total customer base of over 25 million consumers nationwide. These new integrations allow consumers to pay monthly utility bills using their cell phones through the Money on Mobile network of over 157,000 retail stores. Money on Mobile is the largest mobile payments company in India. Below is the list of new Money on Mobile alliances:
- Bihar Electricity Bill Payment: Roughly 20 million electricity consumers of North/South Bihar
- Reliance Energy Bill Payment : 2.8 million Consumers in Mumbai, India
- BEST Electricity Bill Payment: Roughly 1.0 million consumers in Mumbai
- Mahanagar Gas Limited: Approximately 700,000 MGL consumers in Mumbai and 1.5 million customers in Thane & Navi Mumbai.
- Tikona Bill Payment: Roughly 300,000 Mumbai consumers
About Money on Mobile
Money on Mobile is India's largest mobile payment platform with 157,000 participating retail locations and over 67 million unique users since April, 2012. Money on Mobile is bringing quick, simple and efficient mobile payments to the Indian consumer.
About Calpian, Inc.
Calpian, Inc. (CLPI) is a publicly traded company with corporate offices in Dallas, Texas, operating centers in Georgia, and New York and mobile payments emerging-market operations through its subsidiary in India. Calpian’s Indian subsidiary offers Money-on-Mobile, a pre-paid mobile payment solution, to more than 157,000 Indian retail locations. Calpian’s management team has over 70 years in combined experience in the payments business. Please visit our website at www.calpian.com