SAN FRANCISCO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Atlassian, a leading provider of collaboration software for teams, today announced the availability of JIRA Service Desk - a modern and flexible service desk experience to boost IT team efficiency and streamline end user requests and engagement.
“It's amazingly simple and powerful, so service desk teams can stop worrying about their tools and instead focus on their real job of keeping their companies running.”
JIRA Service Desk integrates directly with JIRA, the company’s issue management software used by more than 22,000 teams worldwide. Recent surveys indicate that up to 40 percent of customers were already extending and configuring JIRA as a service desk, relying on JIRA's strong workflow and tracking abilities. JIRA Service Desk adds specific service desk capabilities including advanced SLA management, customizable team queues, real-time reports and analytics and a new end user experience for creating and managing service requests. The result is a simple, modern, flexible service desk experience for both agents and end users to improve operational efficiency, increase collaboration among various teams and drive business performance through reduced downtime.
JIRA Service Desk is available starting today as a hosted solution through Atlassian OnDemand - Atlassian's cloud offering - or installable on a company's own infrastructure. Pricing starts at just $10 for 10 users.
"Customer demand for a service desk solution built on JIRA has been strong and growing, so we're excited to introduce a new experience for both agents and end users," said Bryan Rollins, JIRA business manager. "The service desk software category has historically been defined by software users don't like. That ends today with the introduction of JIRA Service Desk."
(Click to tweet: "Introducing @Atlassian #JIRAServiceDesk: advanced #SLAs and intuitive user interface, with the power of #JIRA")
"My team was already using JIRA to manage our development process, so it was natural to extend JIRA’s flexibility and ease-of-use for a service desk offering," said Aaron Jones, manager of engineering systems at Good Technology. "The power and workflow customizability of JIRA Service Desk allows us to easily configure the software right out-of-the-box to match our processes. We don’t have to change the way we work to fit a new tool - it’s a huge relief."
Intuitive UI, Advanced SLA Management and Simple Configuration for End Users and Service Desk Teams
JIRA Service Desk helps teams achieve higher levels of quality customer service while lowering costs with its:
- Intuitive, Configurable UI: A lean and clean interface with configurable simple-language inputs that guide end users to easily file requests, and help agents identify and address problems faster.
- Powerful SLAs: Advanced SLA management is a critical element of service desk offerings. With JIRA Service Desk, agents can create advanced service-level agreements with easy-to-configure parameters by issue type and severity level.
- Self-Service Knowledge Base: Linking JIRA Service Desk with Atlassian Confluence provides agents and end users with an interactive knowledge base to proactively address common issues prior to submitting tickets.
- Configurable Team Queues: With requests automatically triaged and SLAs kept front and center, teams can readily prioritize requests.
- Real-Time Reports: Pre-configured reports help teams identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement, and custom reports can quickly be created using JIRA Query Language (JQL).
- Rapid Install and Configuration: JIRA Service Desk can be easily installed and configured on a JIRA instance using out-of-the-box best practice workflows easily tuned to fit each specific teams’ needs.
"JIRA Service Desk will redefine how you think about service desks," said Edwin Wong, principal product manager, Atlassian JIRA Service Desk. "It's amazingly simple and powerful, so service desk teams can stop worrying about their tools and instead focus on their real job of keeping their companies running."
JIRA Service Desk is available now for a free 30-day trial, or can be purchased for onsite download or OnDemand cloud offering starting at $10/month for 10 users.
Atlassian products help innovators everywhere plan, build and launch great software. More than 27,000 large and small organizations – including Citigroup, eBay, Netflix and United Airlines – use Atlassian’s issue tracking, collaboration and software-development products to work smarter and deliver quality results on time. Learn more at http://atlassian.com.