ST. LOUIS--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--StartUp Connection ’13 continues the tradition of showcasing the best startups in the St. Louis region with the Innovation Showcase and Entrepreneur Resource Fair. Join StartUp Connection and St. Louis’ top entrepreneurs on Thursday, October 3 from 4:00-8:30 p.m. at the Saint Louis Science Center.
This event brings together two key parts of the St. Louis region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem: the community of innovative startups and the resource organizations that support them. At StartUp Connection ’13, attendees can connect with talent, investors, key support resources and fellow entrepreneurs. The event features the Innovation Showcase, Venture Pitch Stage and Resource Fair with over 60 organizations that help entrepreneurs at every level. The Resource Fair boasts participants dedicated to helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses – from engaging teens and university students to working with traditional small businesses and innovative high-growth businesses. The fair puts fundamental resources at business owner’s fingertips by bringing together marketing/PR, legal, accounting, banking, IT and more.
The Innovation Showcase includes 60 venture displays and the opportunity for each entrepreneur to deliver their pitch to an audience of investors, business people, fellow entrepreneurs, and startup enthusiasts. Top ventures from the St. Louis area were selected from a range of industries, including IT/Tech, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Education, and Bio Science sectors. Additionally, attendees can meet the six Finalists from the Startup Challenge competition and join in honoring the StartUp Champion ’13, Dr. William Peck, retired Chairman of Innovate St. Louis.
StartUp Connection is awarding over $160,000 in cash and prizes including:
- People’s Choice Awards — Seven (7) $500 prizes
- Startup Challenge Awards – $100,000 cash awarded to top 3 winners of Startup Challenge competition
- BioSTL Awards – two awards totaling $2,500
- Cultivation Capital Awards – two awards totaling $5,000
- Mueller Prost PC - two awards totaling $5,000 of cash and services
- St. Louis Arch Angels Award of $1,250
- Bank of America / US Trust Award of $1,250
- In-kind prizes valued over $40,000 from: Polsinelli, Brown Smith Wallace LLC, Armstrong Teasdale, HatchBuck, CreatiVenture Law LLC, CPG+ Companies, Bryan Cave, Aegis Professional Services / The iSelect Fund, and Hostirian.
4:00 Innovation Showcase & Resource Fair open
4:30 Elevator Pitches at the Innovation Stage
5:00 i6 Grant BioScience
5:25 Early Stage IT/Tech
5:50 Consumer Products & Manufacturing
6:30 Startup Challenge Finalists
6:45 High Growth IT/Tech
7:15 Announcements & Awards
For more information about StartUp Connection ’13’s Innovation Showcase and Entrepreneur Resource Fair visit www.startupconnection.org.