BOSTON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter (2Q13) Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
“While the long-term fundamentals look positive and will eventually drive renewed revenue growth, weakness in public sector spending and the move to lower-cost video solutions hamper a more robust recovery this year”
“After a tumultuous 2012 that saw growth in the video conferencing market screech to a halt, sales returned to year-over-year growth in the second quarter of 2013,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
“While the long-term fundamentals look positive and will eventually drive renewed revenue growth, weakness in public sector spending and the move to lower-cost video solutions hamper a more robust recovery this year,” cautions Machowinski.
2Q13 TELEPRESENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global enterprise video conferencing and telepresence market totaled $735 million in 2Q13, up 6% from the previous quarter, and up 8% from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- PBX-based video system revenue doubled in 2Q13 from 2Q12, as businesses sought out cost-effective ways to deploy multimedia communication
- Dedicated systems, meanwhile, continue to struggle
- North America is growing again on a year-over-year basis, pointing to a turnaround
- Results in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) over the past few quarters have been encouraging, and Infonetics believes the region could be a top performer in 2013 despite ongoing economic issues
- Vendor results were mixed in 2Q13: market leader Cisco’s revenue declined marginally, while #2 Polycom’s was up slightly
ENTERPRISE BYOD WEBINAR
Available on demand now: Architecting Wireless LANs for BYOD: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=668715&s=1&k=D5AFD17C2F2C3E8EEC3BDF97B2C77E32
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, log in for password to join Infonetics Sept. 24 at noon EDT for a live videoconferencing market recap and outlook, or view on demand: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=760.
Infonetics’ quarterly videoconferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017 and analysis for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya/Radvision, Cisco, Huawei, Logitech/LifeSize, Microsoft, Polycom, ZTE, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ latest Enterprise Voice, Video, and UC research brief: http://bit.ly/182sjQm
- Cisco solidifies lead in enterprise SBCs in second quarter
- UC lighting up struggling enterprise communications market
- Cisco, Brocade and Juniper top Infonetics’ enterprise networking vendor scorecard
- Telenor nabs top spot in Infonetics' EMEA business VoIP scorecard for 2nd straight year
- Comcast, Verizon, 8x8, XO top in business VoIP; IP connectivity becoming commodity
UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
- Infonetics 2014 Market Research Lineup
- 1G/10G/40G/100G Networking Ports (Oct.)
- VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers (Oct.)
- Wireless LAN Strategies and Vendor Leadership: N. American Enterprise Survey (Oct.)
- Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Wireless LAN Equipment and WiFi Phones – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Enterprise Session Border Controllers – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Architecting Wireless LANs for BYOD (View on demand)
- Building Blocks for Service-Aware Networks on SDN and NFV (Oct. 10: Learn more/Register)
- Deploying Enterprise SBCs to Facilitate SIP Trunking (Oct. 29: Learn more/Register)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Dec. 12: Learn more/Register)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.