MILPITAS, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--FrontRange, the only provider of Hybrid IT Service Management solutions, today announced the second major update to its HEAT Cloud IT Service Management (ITSM) solution. HEAT Cloud 2013.2 provides IT service desk administrators with critical new features that provide greater ease-of-use, improved user control and enhanced support capabilities.
“HEAT 2013.2 features a host of important new capabilities that continue to push the envelope of ITSM best practices”
HEAT 2013 is the first Service Management solution that incorporates both on-premise and cloud applications on a unified code base. This unified platform delivers a complete service management solution from a single vendor, on a single platform, that gives customers the flexibility to choose between utilizing cloud or on-premise deployment options—or a combination of the two— to support their business needs.
Key benefits of HEAT Hybrid IT:
• Maximizes operational efficiencies by reducing service desk call volume by up to 80% and time spent on application deployment by up to 95%.
• Reduces IT costs by reducing downtime due to unplanned or unapproved changes by up to 75% and reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) costs by up to 70%.
• Improves service quality and compliance by reducing the number of status calls received by up to 80% and reducing troubleshooting efforts by up to 85%.
HEAT Cloud 2013.2 introduces several major new features including:
- Tenant Maintenance Notification: Administrators are now able to easily alert users when changes are being deployed through simplified login notifications.
- Universal Work List: Allows master (MSP) users to open items from multiple client tenants.
- Service Desk Chat: Users can now chat in real time with an IT service management agent via a dialog panel.
- Android/iOS Accessibility via Browser: Chrome and Firefox mobile browsers are now supported.
- Service Request Control: Administrators can partially fill service requests and save for later and edit unfulfilled requests.
- Cloud Connect API Enhancements: Can now access Service Catalog items via the HEAT cloud connect web services API.
- Hybrid Voice Support: Simplified Architecture requires only http(s) between Voice and HEAT Cloud, which yields higher performance on virtual servers.
- Unix and Linux Support: Discovery client can now be installed on multiple flavors of Unix—including Solaris, HP-UX and Red Hat.
- Incident – Task workflow: System now supports managing incident resolution through tasks—upon completion of all tasks associated with an incident, the user must either set the incident status to resolved or create additional tasks.
“HEAT 2013.2 features a host of important new capabilities that continue to push the envelope of ITSM best practices,” said Kevin Smith, VP & GM of the Cloud Business Unit at FrontRange. “Through the continued efforts to expand its products’ capabilities, FrontRange is committed to making IT service desks more efficient and effective at increasing organizational productivity.”
HEAT Cloud 2013.2 is now generally available. For more information visit http://www.frontrange.com.
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, California and can be found at www.frontrange.com.