NEWTON, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--This year’s 2013 MIT Sloan CFO Summit, the nation’s premier CFO event, will take place on Thursday, November 21, 2013. It will provide CFOs and other senior financial executives with valuable insight on how to navigate the changing role of today’s CFO, which requires powerful agility, the underlying theme of the Summit.
CFOs and financial executives from around the globe will gather with world class MIT Sloan faculty to collaborate, and discuss how to become more strategic business leaders and tactical business operators. This event provides a unique opportunity for interactive learning, high level strategies, and practical insight through panel discussions and thought-provoking discourse.
“There is an interesting dichotomy we are seeing with CFOs wanting their companies to become larger and gain more market share, while at the same time acknowledging the advantages to being smaller, nimble and culture focused. This year’s Summit will provide insight into these two worlds to help CFOs navigate the future direction of their organizations,” said Jeremy Seidman, Co-Chair of the MIT Sloan CFO Summit.
The Summit will offer more than 600 attendees the opportunity to meet and hear directly from powerful and diverse business leaders from a wide range of industries, including Chief Financial Officers from LinkedIn, Audax Medical, Walgreens, CSX Corporation, 3M, Walgreens, Family Dollar, T2 Biosystems, Velcro, and other leading organizations.
Summit Highlights (click here for full agenda):
- The Summit will include keynote addresses from Steve Sordello, CFO of LinkedIn, former U.S. Senator Scott Brown and William Aulet, Managing Director of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship at MIT and a senior faculty member at the MIT Sloan School of Management.
- The opening keynote session panel, “Today’s CFO: Powerful Agility” will be moderated by Bloomberg Television anchor Carol Massar and includes Fredrik Eliasson, EVP and CFO, CSX Corporation; David Meline, CFO, 3M; Wade Miquelon, EVP, CFO, and President, International, Walgreens; and Mary Winston, CFO, Family Dollar.
- Other workshops and panels offered during the day include "Using Data for Competitive Advantage," "Financing the Early Stage Company," "Forecasting in the Disruption Age," "Growth Companies: A Matter of Metrics," "Best Practices in Strategic Planning," and "Culture as a Competitive Advantage."
- The Summit will end with a lively panel discussion on "The Business of Basketball" featuring Rich Gotham, president of the Boston Celtics; Amy Brooks, Sr. VP, NBA; and Bill Bridgen, VP and GM of Comcast Sports New England. They will share an inside view of salient topics which form the intersection of business and professional sports.
- A cocktail reception and networking session for attendees will be held immediately following the conclusion of The Summit.
About the MIT Sloan CFO Summit
The MIT Sloan CFO Summit is the nation’s premier CFO event. Each year, the event offers a day of cutting-edge programming that addresses the changing role of the CFO. The event is rich with opportunities for practical education and peer networking in a time-efficient format.
The summit is part of the CXO Series produced by the MIT Sloan School of Management, one of the world’s leading academic sources of innovation in management theory and practice, and the MIT Sloan Boston Alumni Association. The annual events are organized 100% by alumni volunteers. By promoting the MIT philosophy of “mens et manus,” or “mind and hand,” they are able to bring together the academic research from MIT Sloan with today’s corporate financial leaders to foster debate and provide informative discourse.