LOUISVILLE, Colo.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Based on its success in helping the global healthcare industry save billions of dollars by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes, GHX was awarded the 2013 Global Healthcare Supply Chain Management Solutions Company of the Year Award from Frost & Sullivan. The award recognizes GHX for its outstanding achievement and superior performance in global integration, product and technology innovation, and leadership in driving healthcare savings.
“Finding ways to eliminate costs is essential to the survival of healthcare providers and suppliers”
Around the globe, healthcare providers and suppliers face similar challenges, including government regulations, escalating costs, and global data standards adoption. The supply chain is positioned to play a critical role in the transformation that healthcare needs to make in order to provide quality care in a sustainable and affordable manner. GHX has established a collaborative community through which all parties in the supply chain—providers, suppliers, distributors and group purchasing organizations (GPOs)—work together for continual, mutually beneficial performance improvements.
“Finding ways to eliminate costs is essential to the survival of healthcare providers and suppliers,” said Bruce Johnson, CEO at GHX. “We’re always working to enhance products and bring new solutions to market that solve the constantly changing needs of our global customers. This award is especially meaningful because it recognizes our role as a thought leader in an incredibly complex industry. As an open, neutral software and services company for healthcare, we’ve been successful working with our customers to eliminate costs through automation and collaboration, rather than shifting them from providers to suppliers. It’s an honor to be recognized for that.”
Some specific GHX achievements noted by Frost & Sullivan include:
- Global integration: The GHX community is the largest in the healthcare supply chain, connecting trading partners throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe and positioning GHX as a global leader. In Europe, GHX has built its market share to impressive new highs of 50 percent in the core markets of U.K. and Germany, where it has continued over the past several years to add value, remove cost and drive higher transaction volumes.
- Product and technology innovation: A new Business Rules Portal is available to GHX customers in Europe that has helped increase order automation and volume significantly. Over the past year, GHX has also extended its capabilities into the implantable device supply chain with Case XpertSM, a new solution that enables U.S. providers and suppliers to capture and share data from case creation to product usage during procedures, creating usage capture capability while validating that a device is on contract for more accurate billing, purchasing and inventory tracking.
- Driving healthcare savings: Each year, GHX ranks its North American customers based on metrics around success in automating business processes. In 2012, its top-rated provider organizations saved an average of $1 million by working with GHX to automate purchase orders and invoices, take control of contract spend and increase their electronic trading partner connections. Savings such as this contribute to the $3.5 billion in industry-wide savings that North American GHX customers have achieved since January 1, 2010, toward its goal of saving $5 billion in healthcare costs in a five year period.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. Its "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, Frost & Sullivan has been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is driving costs out of healthcare by transforming the healthcare supply chain. Working with providers and suppliers, GHX is accelerating change by providing a faster, more efficient and collaborative supply chain that will take billions of dollars out of the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub.