SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that it will be participating in three speaking sessions at information technology conference Interop New York. The conference will be taking place Sept. 30 – Oct. 4 at Javits Center in New York City. Aerohive director of product management Matthew Gast will be participating in two speaking sessions on the latest Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac, while Aerohive customer Chris Fadrowski, senior director of IT at Brookdale Senior Living, will be participating on a panel on mobility in the healthcare industry.
Next Generation of Wi-Fi: Why We Need to Embrace
- Who: Matthew Gast, director of product management, Aerohive Networks
- What: In a quickly evolving world of technology that is only growing more complex, the need for speed in networking is crucial. 802.11ac, the newest Wi-Fi standard, is the next jump in speed for Wi-Fi, offering an increase in speed to beyond 1 Gbps. The technology industry is typically quick to adopt new and improved standards, yet many in the networking industry have been slow to embrace 802.11ac.
Led by recognized Wi-Fi expert Matthew Gast, Wi-Fi Alliance chair and director of product management at Aerohive Networks, this speaking session will address perceived industry concerns around 802.11ac, its benefits and the importance of adopting this new standard.
- When: Thursday, Oct. 3, 4:00pm-5:00pm ET
- Where: Javits Center Room 1E13
802.11ac Reaches for the Top
- What: With numerous products based on the still-to-be-ratified IEEE 802.11ac standard, enterprise IT once again has decisions to make on the deployment of yet another critical wireless technology. This session will explore the state of 802.11ac and products based on it, how the new capabilities embodied will evolve, offer advice on best practices for deployment and examine the future direction for what may be the last major addition to WLAN standards for some time to come.
- When: Friday, Oct. 4, 10:15am-11:15am ET
- Where: Javits Center Room 1E08
- Video Preview: http://www.interop.com/video/speakers/?videoID=2634846343001
Meets Medicine: A Healthcare IT Roundtable
- What: Wireless and mobility can play many critical roles in healthcare today, to advance the quality of care, improve the patient experience, lower costs and help to bring new therapies online, and IT managers in healthcare environments must grapple with rapid change in technologies, regulatory requirements and even a competitive marketplace. This roundtable session will feature the insights of experts who are merging medicine and mobility on a daily basis.
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2:45pm-3:45pm ET
- Where: Javits Center Room 1E08
To register for Interop New York, please visit: https://interop.reg.techweb.com/newyork/2013/Registrations.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.