HELSINKI--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Beddit, makers of sleep tracking equipment used by professionals worldwide, is celebrating 4,000 pre-orders and a 446 percent-of-goal fund raising effort at the popular crowd-funding site Indiegogo. The campaign is taking pre-orders on production of Beddit’s consumer sleep sensor and mobile app and promising shipping before the holidays.
“Thanks to interest from Robert Scoble, TechCrunch and other top-tier media, we’ve been flooded with pre-orders for our wireless sleep sensor and that has allowed us to expand production and develop extra features to our accompanying smartphone app”
“Thanks to interest from Robert Scoble, TechCrunch and other top-tier media, we’ve been flooded with pre-orders for our wireless sleep sensor and that has allowed us to expand production and develop extra features to our accompanying smartphone app,” said Lasse Leppakorpi, founder of Beddit. “There are just five days left for people to pre-order Beddit for $99 at Indiegogo, which is a 30% discount, and we will start shipping the wireless sensors in November. So if you want one before the holidays, I suggest you order today.”
Sleep Science Experts
Beddit is bringing sophisticated sleep science to the consumer market, and is speaking or presenting at the following education, fitness and quantified-self conferences:
- Stanford Medicine-X (http://medicinex.stanford.edu/) - September 27
- Mobile & Wearables LAUNCH (http://events.launch.co/mobile/) - September 30-October 1
- Health 2.0 (http://www.health2con.com/) - September 29-October 2
- The Body Computing Conference (http://www.uscbodycomputing.org/) - October 4
- Quantified Self Conference (http://quantifiedself.com/conference/) - October 10-11
Beddit uses ballistocardiography (BCG) readings coupled with a wireless sensor under the sheet to bring scientific accuracy to a smartphone-based sleep and wellness monitor. Beddit tracks sleep quality, heart rate, breathing rhythm, movements, snoring, bedroom noise and light. Beddit’s app uses algorithms to crunch your sleep data and offer personalized programs to achieve better sleep.
- Pre-order Beddit on Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/beddit-sleep-tracker
- Read scientific research about Beddit’s technology: www.beddit.com/science
- Like Beddit on Facebook: www.facebook.com/beddit
- Follow Beddit on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beddit
About Beddit Inc.
Beddit (founded in 2006) has offices in Finland and Silicon Valley. Beddit develops and markets revolutionary products for sleep and wellness tracking. Utilizing special sensor technology and sophisticated signal analysis algorithms, Beddit has created products for tracking of sleep, heart rate and breathing without any disturbing wearable sensors. Beddit products are globally used by medical and training professionals as well as by consumers. www.beddit.com