PHOENIX--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Arizona State Credit Union awarded $37,000 to 18 deserving students and alumni of Arizona universities and colleges through its Community Leaders Scholarship and Loan Reduction Grant program.
“We are honored to have been able to do this for six years and are grateful for the opportunity to help local communities grow and prosper.”
The sixth annual grant and scholarship program supports the Credit Union’s commitment to investing in the future of the community through debt reduction efforts implemented to assist people throughout the state of Arizona.
“As a local financial cooperative, we believe it is our duty to give back to Arizonans through community outreach efforts, including our scholarship and grant program,” said David E. Doss, President/CEO of Arizona State Credit Union. “We are honored to have been able to do this for six years and are grateful for the opportunity to help local communities grow and prosper.”
All 18 recipients hail from Arizona’s student population and are affiliated with one of the following schools: Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, The University of Arizona, Yavapai College, Grand Canyon University, Pima Community College, and University of Phoenix.
The Community Leaders Scholarship helps students attending state universities, colleges and vocational schools pay for various expenses, including tuition, books and other academic necessities.
The Loan Reduction Grant assists graduates in paying on their student loans, a significant financial burden that affects many students upon graduation. The grant was awarded to graduates who exhibited strong academic prowess and active participation in community efforts.
For information regarding 2014 scholarship and grant applications, visit us online at azstcu.org.
- Alexander Meidlinger – Yavapai College
- Anthony Figueroa – University of Arizona
- Bernadine L. Lewis – Northern Arizona University
- Cindy M. Cox – Grand Canyon University
- Dana Bleau – University of Arizona
- Eliza A. Rogowitz – University of Arizona
- Jacinda Morgan – Yavapai College
- Jesus-Manuel Burboa – University of Phoenix
- John Damian Garcia – Pima Community College
- Jonathan Cross – Arizona State University
- Jorge Ramos – Arizona State University
- Julia Judson-Garcia – Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, ASU
- Krista Cunningham – Arizona State University
- Lauren E. Bentley – Yavapai College
- Maria V. Pina – Arizona State University
- Randi Jean Klein – Arizona State University
- Ruben Adkins-Rieck – University of Arizona
- Tina M. Carter – Grand Canyon University
About Arizona State Credit Union
Arizona State Credit Union is a $1.4 billion full-service, not-for-profit local financial cooperative with a statewide branch network serving the people of Arizona. More than 125,000 Arizonans turn to Arizona State Credit Union for the organization’s commitment to meeting members needs with enhanced services and community outreach programs. Arizona State Credit Union has grown dramatically since its founding in 1951, providing a full line of financial products and services at 21 locations across the state. More than 60 years of excellence and outstanding customer service have helped the Credit Union become a seven-time winner of Arizona Business Magazine’s Ranking Arizona and a five-time recipient of the Peter Barron Stark & Associates Award for Workplace Excellence™. Arizona State Credit Union is headquartered in Phoenix and welcomes membership from businesses and individuals throughout the state. Reach us at 800.671.1098 or visit us at www.azstcu.org.