WAKEFIELD, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Momentum is building worldwide for celebration of the first CX Day on October 1. Further details were announced today by the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA), the international non-profit organization created to guide and enhance the growing field of customer experience management. CX Day is a global celebration of companies and people who are delivering great experiences to customers.
“October 1 will be a great day for Customer Experience Management, and for all the creative CX professionals who will be celebrating CX Day around the world.”
CX Day highlights the efforts of all customer experience professionals to raise the bar for achievement and innovation in the CX field. CX Day in-person meetings in 19 cities across five countries will include speakers, breakout discussions, networking, refreshments and more. There is no charge to attend a CX Day meeting, but advance registration is required – hundreds have already signed up. Details about each meeting are available at the locations' links:
Additionally, a number of companies are preparing their own in-house CX Day celebrations, including Fidelity Investments, New York Life, Scottrade Financial Services, Inc. and ShopHQ.
CX professionals who can't attend a local celebration can participate online in a variety of ways; more details on content and registration are at each link:
- Webinar: Customer Experience From the C-Suite – Free webcast at 11 AM EDT, featuring CXPA Chairman Bruce Temkin and Dan Hesse, CEO of Sprint Corporation, who will discuss the CEO's role in leading a customer experience transformational journey.
- Eastern Australia Google+ Hangout – 9 AM AEST; CX Experts Erich Dietz and Tabitha Dunn and host Cyrus Allen will discuss Voice of the Customer Programs and the state of CX in Australia.
- UK Google+ Hangout – Noon BST; Deirdre Sommerkamp will host CX Expert Andrew McInnes and special guests, as they answer CX professionals' questions submitted through Google+ and Twitter.
- US East Coast Google+ Hangout – 9 AM EDT; Jeannie Walters will host CX Expert Jim Rembach and special guest Stan Phelps, while they answer questions on Employee Engagement submitted through Google+ and Twitter.
- US West Coast Google+ Hangout – 9 AM PDT; Annette Gleneicki will host CX Experts John Carroll, Lynn Hunsaker, Yvonne Nomizu and special guests, while they answer questions on Voice of the Customer, submitted through Google+ and Twitter.
- #CXDayChat Live! on Twitter – Starting at 1 PM EDT, "Celebrating CX as a Profession!" with moderators Annette Franz Gleneicki, Jeannie Walters and Deirdre Sommerkamp, and guest host Ingrid Lindberg, Chief Experience Officer of Prime Therapeutics.
- CX Blog Carnival -- In celebration of CX Day, more than a dozen well-known Customer Experience bloggers are coming together to post on three specific topics: The Value of Customer Experience, Building a Customer-Centric Culture and Customer Experience Design & Innovation, at the CXPA Lessons Learned blog.
"It is exhilarating to see the hundreds of registrations pouring in as people learn about our online and in-person CX Day events," said Bruce Temkin, CXPA Chairman and co-founder. "October 1 will be a great day for Customer Experience Management, and for all the creative CX professionals who will be celebrating CX Day around the world."
CX Day will feature the announcement of the inaugural "CX Impact Awards," recognizing individuals who have made a significant impact in the field of customer experience management. The CXPA panel of judges is now reviewing the finalists' entries and is deliberating to determine who will be the winners.
The CXPA has created the website CXDay.org as a resource to communicate all of the activities scheduled for CX Day. Clarabridge, Inc. and SDL are Platinum Sponsors of CX Day 2013.
About the CXPA
The Customer Experience Professionals Association is a global, non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management best practices. It provides customer experience management professionals with educational and networking opportunities to help them succeed, and facilitates the industry-wide advancement of the discipline of customer experience management. The CXPA’s members include individuals who develop, manage, optimize, and envision how organizations interact with their customers. This community includes customer experience practitioners within companies, vendors who support customer experience efforts, and other stakeholders in the industry.
Founded in April 2011, the CXPA has more than 80 Corporate Members and nearly 2,300 customer experience professionals in its community. CXPA Gold Sponsors include Confirmit, ForeSee, Oracle, and Verint. Clarabridge, Inc., Corsential, Interactive Intelligence, Mattersight Corporation, Medallia, ResponseTek and TNS are CXPA Silver Sponsors. For more information, visit www.cxpa.org.
Customer Experience Professionals Association, CXPA, and the CXPA logo are trademarks of the Customer Experience Professionals Association. All other company names mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.