STERLING, Va.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Ostrato, a provider of scalable and easy-to-use cloud service management solutions, today announced the release of its cloud service manager, cloudSM, enabling enterprises to simplify and accelerate the adoption of diverse cloud environments. Ostrato cloudSM federates multiple cloud services within a single integrated platform, giving end users on-demand cloud access and IT centralized management of their cloud environments.
“The proliferation of cloud technology in enterprises is making it easy for end users to deploy powerful applications and environments into production in a matter of minutes. However, there is a growing struggle in IT departments as employee demand for disparate cloud platforms impedes manageability and security”
“The proliferation of cloud technology in enterprises is making it easy for end users to deploy powerful applications and environments into production in a matter of minutes. However, there is a growing struggle in IT departments as employee demand for disparate cloud platforms impedes manageability and security,” said Wayne Pauley, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “To leverage the cloud more effectively, organizations need simple, easy-to-use solutions, like those developed by Ostrato, that give end-users a one-stop shop for all their cloud demands, while providing IT with the tools needed in the transformation to ITaaS with provisioning, governance and integration necessary for effective and secure management.”
Ostrato cloudSM enables companies to maximize their cloud investments by establishing governance and control over today’s readily available subscription-based cloud technologies. The cloud service manager has connections to over 35 leading cloud computing service providers including AWS, Microsoft and OpenStack, allowing IT organizations to place internal private cloud services side-by-side with those of public providers and enabling enterprise users to choose what best meets their requirements. Ostrato combines a modern, online marketplace where users can compare and order cloud computing services with industrial-grade scalability and security, including integration into automation and work flow systems. The Ostrato cloudSM delivers comprehensive visibility and offers reporting features that ensure efficient and effective cloud resource management.
“The cloud is designed to make things easier and cheaper for business users and enterprises, but the un-checked purchases and deployment of cloud platforms combined with poor IT management and oversight can quickly counter both of those advantages,” stated Jay Chapel, CEO, Ostrato. “Ostrato helps organizations not only retain those benefits, but build on them, providing enterprises with a single-pane-of-glass for all their cloud management needs.”
Key features of the Ostrato cloudSM include:
- Cloud Service Catalog – Offers an extensive selection and integrations with more than 35 cloud providers, allowing business users to choose services based on cost, geography and performance while IT departments avoid vendor lock-in and select services that meet interoperability standards.
- Provisioning – Delivers on-demand, single interface access to IT-approved cloud services that have pre-negotiated rates, service levels and pre-configured integrations, enabling end users to easily compare and select the services that best meet individual and business needs.
- Security – Automates role-based access controls (RBAC), limits user access to approved cloud providers and auto-enforces interoperability and integration standards, ensuring that only authorized users are making changes to the cloud environment and that all changes are compliant with corporate standards and meet IT requirements.
- Operations – Provides visibility across all cloud instances, bringing a higher-level of IT and financial governance to cloud implementations and leveraging existing integrations to minimize IT configuration time and maximize level of service to the business.
- Billing and Reporting – Analyzes services and cost structures, tracks spending and monitors utilizations by business unit, project, division and user in order to track spending, improve budgeting and detect and correct over provisioning.
Ostrato’s cloud service manager enables organizations to leverage the power of cloud computing environments, while providing IT a centralized platform to help federate, scale and adopt cloud services while delivering a superior customer experience. Ostrato cloudSM is designed specifically for enterprises that want an integrated approach to governing and managing their heterogeneous cloud services, whether they are public, private or hybrid. The platform provides tools to ensure that the cloud is utilized to the best advantage across multiple groups and instances in terms of cost, performance, features, functionality and geographic location. More information can be found at www.ostrato.com.