TAMPA, Fla.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Syniverse today announced the results of a comprehensive global primary research study that shows the importance of an enterprise mobile strategy across multiple industries. Enterprise mobility solutions are being leveraged to achieve customer-related goals, improve operational efficiencies and increase revenue. The findings come from a global survey of Fortune 1,000 companies conducted in July 2013.
“This mobile paradigm shift positions the consumer squarely at the center of the mobile ecosystem. As a result, businesses are seeking opportunities to engage with consumers in more contextual and real-time ways, as well as to provide a uniform global experience.”
The study, completed for Syniverse by market strategy consulting firm iGR, identified each brand's top mobile needs and expectations, yielding significant findings in the areas of mobile strategy, mobile marketing and messaging. The survey was fielded in 10 countries across the world's major economic markets.
“Advancements in mobile technologies over the past few years have unleashed unprecedented opportunities for consumers to interact with brands,” said Jeff Gordon, President and CEO of Syniverse. “This mobile paradigm shift positions the consumer squarely at the center of the mobile ecosystem. As a result, businesses are seeking opportunities to engage with consumers in more contextual and real-time ways, as well as to provide a uniform global experience.”
The results of the survey reveal the power of a brand’s immersion in mobile, improving efforts in service and marketing, while boosting the company’s bottom line. Key outcomes include the following:
- An overwhelming majority – 92 percent – of respondents said that mobile solutions are “very important” or “important” in their industries. Mobile enables them to achieve improvements in customer experience, service and communications, as well as realize reductions in operating expenses and capital costs. An additional bonus, mobile has helped companies retain and grow their customer bases, increasing loyalty and revenue along the way.
- Large companies have fully embraced a mobile strategy as a critical component of their businesses. When asked what their mobile plans were, 72 percent of respondents said they have implemented or are in the process of implementing a mobile strategy, and another 16 percent have defined a strategy but haven't begun implementing it yet.
- Mobile is no longer an optional marketing tool, with 84 percent of respondents saying that mobile is “very likely” or “likely” to be used in customer and marketing campaigns.
- Location-based services strategies have been or are in the process of being implemented by 56 percent of the respondents.
- HTML5, apps and messaging are the three mobile technologies in which respondents invested the most, with messaging being used for customer, partner or employee communications by 87 percent of the respondents in order to improve customer service and reduce costs. Almost one-third of respondents declared their use of SMS for customer or business partner communications.
"It's clear from the survey results that companies are moving quickly with their integration of mobile, and they are increasingly seeking customized mobile solutions to meet consumers’ unique needs," Gordon said. "To help these companies manage the multiple interconnections and touch points necessary to enable these solutions, and to help them provide the security and real-time experience that mobile consumers have come to expect, it is critical for mobile service providers to prepare for these emerging needs. Businesses’ migration to mobile presents a great opportunity for service providers to grow their businesses by becoming a critical part of the value chain."
Gordon added that the need for a full-scale mobile strategy for enterprises also makes it imperative that mobile service providers adapt their strategies to serve new consumer demands. As a leader in mobile solutions for more than 25 years, Syniverse is at the forefront of delivering enterprise mobility solutions to enable success in the new era of mobile.
A white paper with more on the results can be viewed on the Syniverse website at http://www.syniverse.com/files/Enterprise-White-Paper.pdf and an infographic is available by visiting http://www.syniverse.com/files/Enterprise-Infographic.pdf.
For more information on Syniverse’s enterprise solutions, visit http://www.syniverse.com/Products-Services.
Syniverse makes mobile work for the entire mobile ecosystem, including more than 1,500 mobile service providers, enterprises, ISPs and app providers in nearly 200 countries and territories. We deliver innovative cloud-based solutions that ensure superior end-user experiences through always-on services and real-time engagement. For more than 25 years, Syniverse has been simplifying complexity to deliver the promise of mobility – a simple, interoperable experience, anytime, anywhere. For more information, visit www.syniverse.com, follow Syniverse on Twitter or connect with Syniverse on Facebook.