CAMPBELL, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2013 (2Q13) Enterprise Session Border Controllers report, which tracks enterprise session border controller (eSBC) vendor revenue and session shipments.
“Cisco’s been able to capitalize on its market-leading position in IP PBXs, gateways, and routers in selling its enterprise SBCs. In the second quarter of 2013, Cisco led the eSBC market with 27% of worldwide revenue, putting some daylight between itself and the competition”
“Cisco’s been able to capitalize on its market-leading position in IP PBXs, gateways, and routers in selling its enterprise SBCs. In the second quarter of 2013, Cisco led the eSBC market with 27% of worldwide revenue, putting some daylight between itself and the competition,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS at Infonetics Research.
2Q13 ENTERPRISE SBC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Enterprise SBCs are the next generation of border elements and will eventually replace VoIP gateways, spurring gateway, router, and PBX vendors to integrate SBC functionality
- Infonetics forecasts the global enterprise SBC market to grow at a 17% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2012 and 2017
- The enterprise SBC market is severely tilted toward North America, though by 2017 its share is expected to decline as other regions increase adoption of SIP trunking, unified communications, and IP call centers
- Businesses of all sizes are utilizing SBCs to enable SIP trunking, interconnect disparate systems, and build deeper levels of security into their voice networks
Infonetics' quarterly enterprise SBC report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2017 and analysis for enterprise SBC revenue and sessions by system and business size in North America, Asia Pacific, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), and Latin America. Companies tracked: Acme Packet/Oracle, Adtran, AudioCodes, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, Edgewater, Ingate, OneAccess, Siemens Enterprise, Sonus Networks, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Latest Infonetics Enterprise Voice, Video and UC research brief: http://bit.ly/182sjQm
- Videoconferencing is up as market moves to lower-cost solutions
- UC lighting up struggling enterprise communications market
- Cisco, Brocade and Juniper top Infonetics’ enterprise networking vendor scorecard
- Telenor nabs top spot in Infonetics' EMEA business VoIP scorecard for 2nd straight year
- Doubling year-over-year, PBX-based video systems keeping enterprise video market afloat
- Tough times for enterprise telephony market, down 10% from year-ago 1st quarter
- Comcast, Verizon, 8x8, XO top in business VoIP; IP connectivity becoming commodity
- VoIP services market getting boost from cloud telephony, hosted UC, SIP trunking
UPCOMING RESEARCH AND MARKET FORECASTS
- Infonetics’ new 2014 Market Research Lineup
- VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers (Oct.)
- Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Enterprise Session Border Controllers – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
- Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment – 3Q13 Edition (Dec.)
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Architecting Wireless LANs for BYOD (Sept. 25: Learn more / register)
- Deploying Enterprise SBCs to Facilitate SIP Trunking (Oct. 8: Sponsorships available)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Dec. 12: Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.