LONDON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest bookseller and leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, is making the critically acclaimed NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight available for just £49, while stocks last, making it the only eReader with integrated lighting in the UK under £50. It will be available at this amazing new price starting today at leading retailers across the UK, ready for Christmas.
“It’s an unbeatable value for one of our best-loved and most highly acclaimed products, making now the perfect time to choose an eReader for yourself or for your favourite reader as an early Christmas present.”
“No other eReader in the UK anywhere near this price has an integrated light, sits comfortably and lightly in the hand and has a battery that will last up to two months,” said Jim Hilt, Managing Director, Barnes & Noble S.à.r.l. “It’s an unbeatable value for one of our best-loved and most highly acclaimed products, making now the perfect time to choose an eReader for yourself or for your favourite reader as an early Christmas present.”
NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight is the ideal reading companion for beach or late-night reading. Barnes & Noble’s innovative lighting technology shines uniformly across the display and adjusts with just a touch, so customers can control the amount of light, whether in a dimly lit or pitch dark room.
NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight, as well as the critically acclaimed NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ tablets, are available at major UK retailers including Argos, ASDA, Blackwell’s, Foyles, Currys and PC World, John Lewis, Sainsbury’s and Very, both in stores and online.
NOOK now has the most affordable line of eReaders and tablets in the UK. Customers can purchase the 7-inch NOOK HD for just £79 (8GB) and £99 (16GB), while the 9-inch NOOK HD+ tablet is available for just £129 (16GB) and £149 (32GB). For more information visit NOOK.co.uk.
Additional NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight Features:
- Shop 2.5 Million Books and More: NOOK wirelessly connects via Wi-Fi to the NOOK Store® (NOOK.co.uk), one of the world’s largest digital bookstores with more than 2.5 million digital books, including more than 1 million free titles. As well as top-selling UK eBooks, new releases, classics, favourite UK newspapers and magazines, the NOOK Store also offers a large collection of titles from independent publishers and self-publishing authors through the NOOK Press™ programme.
- Light, Compact and Portable: Its easy-to-hold, contoured design and soft-touch back make it comfortable to read for extended periods of time. The durable and lightweight device is compact enough to fit in a jacket, pocket, handbag or backpack and is lighter than a paperback, at less than 200g.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life: NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight is optimised for extra-long battery life, enabling customers to read over one month on a single charge with the light on, or over two months with GlowLight off.*
- Easy-to-Use, Responsive Touchscreen: Its intuitive touchscreen allows customers to look up words, highlight passages, adjust the font and search.
A Personalised Experience: Customers can make the NOOK experience their own, and can choose from several font sizes and styles to customise their favourite reads. NOOK eReaders can be personalised with pre-loaded screensavers or personal photos, as well as a selection of colourful, high-quality accessories to suit every style. For more information on any of NOOK’s innovative products and devices, including the Free NOOK Reading Apps™ for iOS and Android devices, or to shop the more than 2.5 million titles available in the NOOK Store, visit NOOK.co.uk.
* Battery tests based on a half hour of daily reading time with Wi-Fi® off and with GlowLight on at the default brightness setting.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 674 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 692 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
NOOK®, NOOK Store®, NOOK Video™, and NOOK Video Apps™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners.
About NOOK Media LLC
NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to Read What You Love, Anywhere You Like™ with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store® of more than 3 million (US) and 2.5 million (UK) digital books, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ and NOOK Video Apps™, available at www.nook.com/freenookapps. NOOK owners receive Always Free NOOK Support in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products are available in the United Kingdom at leading retailers; NOOK content can be purchased at www.nook.co.uk.