NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--AppSense, the leading provider of enterprise workspace management solutions, today introduced DataNow Enterprise providing users secure anywhere access to corporate data. Unlike other corporate file, sync solutions, DataNow Enterprise allows IT to leverage its existing on premise or cloud storage investments – eliminating the costs of purchasing new storage and migrating data – while offering end users an unparalleled consumer-like experience. DataNow Enterprise also adds enterprise storage connectivity options and provides an extensive set of new security and policy features.
“When looking for a file access and sync solution for our business, we needed a product that was not only easy to use for our employees, but made my job easier from an orchestration, management and compliance perspective”
“When looking for a file access and sync solution for our business, we needed a product that was not only easy to use for our employees, but made my job easier from an orchestration, management and compliance perspective,” said Mike Somers, IT Director, at Brock White, a Minnesota-based construction material supplier. “AppSense DataNow Enterprise has all of the policy controls that I need, and our staff has appreciated the simple, easy to use, consumer-like interface.”
Changing the Paradigm of Enterprise File, Sync and Share Solutions
The demand for seamless access to corporate data from any device has grown exponentially, however existing solutions fail to meet four critical enterprise requirements:
- Provide simplicity of cloud-based solutions without additional cost: Employees are flocking to the ease of cloud sync and share solutions, leaving IT exposed to data leakage and rising “double costs” of their existing infrastructure and storage.
- Leverage existing storage capacity: IT leaders are dissatisfied that existing solutions designed for the enterprise require additional proprietary storage – either in the cloud or in the data center – increasing cost and complexity while reducing their return on existing investments.
- Address compliance needs: Companies in industries with stringent regulations, such as financial services, healthcare, government and legal, are particularly underserved by solutions that require migration to cloud storage.
- Accommodate inherent complexity of enterprise storage: Enterprises store data in many storage locations and migrating to a single proprietary storage model is impractical.
After significant research and development, DataNow Enterprise is the only solution to address these four key challenges, offering the same ease of use of consumer file sync & share solutions with the stringent policy and security that IT requires. By connecting to existing enterprise storage infrastructure, it removes the costs of data migration, purchasing additional storage, and loss of productivity caused by disruptions to user workflow.
New Storage Features and Integration Give Broader Access with the Highest Levels of Security
As part of the AppSense workspace suite of solutions, DataNow Enterprise contains a variety of new features to improve orchestration and management for IT professionals as well as improved user access and usability, including:
- New storage connection options, including SMB file shares, WebDAV servers, and support for complex distributed file system (DFS) storage environments
- Mobile access to Microsoft SharePoint
- End-to-end mobile data encryption for secure file access and sharing
- Load balancing configuration options for greater scalability and redundancy
DataNow Enterprise also offers rate-limiting support for improved network efficiency, an overall improved user experience across all devices, and extensive data access policy controls. In addition, DataNow Enterprise features 48 different data policies, while the next closest competitor has only 26.
“DataNow Enterprise is a direct result of listening to our customers’ needs over the past two years. Our customers needed enterprise-level policies, encryption and control, but recognized that the ease of use would make or break the success of their programs,” said Ravi Khatod, SVP of Marketing for AppSense. “With DataNow Enterprise, we have created the only solution that is truly the best of both worlds.”
As the corporate workspace evolves, enterprise IT is challenged with delivering secure, managed workspaces in an increasingly complex environment. AppSense has applied its expertise delivering user policy, personalization, and privileges at enterprise scale to the new challenges of mobility and mobilizing corporate data. The complete AppSense workspace suite now includes DesktopNow, MobileNow, and DataNow. AppSense works collaboratively with solutions from leading partners such as Citrix, VMware, and Microsoft, enabling enterprises to manage large, complex, and heterogeneous environments effectively.
For more information about DataNow Enterprise, please visit, appsense.com/datanow.
AppSense is the leading provider of enterprise workspace management solutions that enable productive, secure workforces across desktop and mobile environments. The AppSense workspace management suite has been deployed by over 3,000 customers worldwide with over 6 million endpoints under management. Our solutions including DesktopNow, MobileNow and DataNow reduce IT complexity and improve the deployment and management of devices, applications, and data across the enterprise. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with offices around the world. For more information on our IT solutions visit appsense.com.