MINNETONKA, Minn.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Nearly 12,000 benefits-eligible HealthEast employees and their dependents will receive their health coverage from Medica, the two organizations announced today. The coverage becomes effective Jan. 1, 2014.
“We are delighted to welcome HealthEast employees as Medica members”
HealthEast employees will choose to receive their care through Medica Choice Passport or Inspiration Health by HealthEast, an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) developed by Medica and HealthEast.
HealthEast employees who choose Inspiration Health will have the opportunity to take advantage of several ACO features including:
- Free advanced wellness assessment with a nutrition & fitness specialist and a certified health & wellness coach ($200 value) for new members within first year of membership.
- Virtual sessions with a Ways to Wellness nutrition and fitness specialist at discounted rates. Services include weight management, personal training, Pilates training, health and wellness coaching, cardiac wellness programs, and special metabolic and exercise testing.
- Care Connection 24/7 care concierge providing nurse triage, appointment scheduling and prescription refills.
- Welcome call for new members from a Care Connection advisor who will help transition medical records and prescriptions from other providers and answer any initial questions a member may have.
- Single phone number that members can use to contact either Medica or HealthEast. Service advisors staffing the phone line can provide members with assistance from appointment scheduling to answering claims and benefit questions.
“We are delighted to welcome HealthEast employees as Medica members,” said John Naylor, Medica senior vice president for commercial markets. “It further supports our partnership with HealthEast and reflects the trust and value our relationship is built upon.”
“HealthEast’s vision is to create optimal health and well-being for our patients, our communities and ourselves. This new partnership with Medica supports our commitment to our employees by providing additional wellness services and seamless TPA support,” said Dawn Kessler, Senior Vice President – Human Resources. “While many HealthEast employees have chosen to receive care from our physicians, providers and facilities in the past, employees who live in the far west metro area will now also be able to receive care through the Medica Passport program.”
Serving about 1.5 million members, Medica is a health insurance company headquartered in Minneapolis and active in the Upper Midwest. The non-profit company provides health care coverage in the employer, individual, Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Part D markets in Minnesota and a growing number of counties in North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Medica also offers national network coverage to employers who also have employees outside the Medica regional network.
Medica’s vision is to become the community’s health plan of choice, trusted for its integrity, respected for its service, and admired for its commitment to innovation and efficiency.
HealthEast Care System (www.healtheast.org) is a community-focused, non-profit health care organization that provides innovative technology, compassionate care and a full spectrum of family health services. HealthEast includes Bethesda Hospital, St. John's Hospital, St. Joseph's Hospital and Woodwinds Health Campus as well as outpatient services, clinics, home care and medical transportation services.
HealthEast is the largest, locally-owned health care organization in the Twin Cities’ East Metro with 7,300 employees, 1,200 volunteers and 1,500 physicians on staff.