PARIS & HERNDON, Va.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that Mentum Planet won a 2012 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award from TMC and the editors of INTERNET TELEPHONY and CUSTOMER magazines.
“It is my pleasure to recognize InfoVista and its wireless network planning software, Mentum Planet, with this honor, as they have proven that they deserve to be considered to be among the industry’s elite.”
Global mobile data traffic is predicted to increase 13-fold between 2012 and 2017. With this rapid growth, mobile operators are quickly realizing that the deployment of small cells is the inevitable path forward to successfully manage and monetize demand for mobile data services. Infonetics Research, in fact, confirmed that 86 percent of mobile operators plan to deploy small cells to handle up to 25 percent of all mobile traffic by 2016. But while many have high hopes for the future of small cells, without the proper technology, roll-out strategy or design tools, mobile operators instead face high deployment and operation costs.
To aid in mobile operators’ small cell and LTE-Advanced strategies, InfoVista released a new version of Mentum Planet earlier this year. The latest edition of the software is designed to help mobile operators efficiently plan, engineer, deploy and manage small cells. As a result, operators are better equipped to relieve the effects of the capacity crunch on their macro networks, particularly in metropolitan areas with heavy mobile data traffic congestion, and improve quality of service (QoS) and return on investment (ROI).
- Mentum Planet is a robust, easy-to-use software solution that helps mobile operators, as well as integrators and equipment vendors, plan, operate and optimize wireless access networks. It supports all major wireless standards, including LTE-Advanced, LTE, WiMAX, EV-DO, HSPA+ and Wi-Fi, and addresses all stages of the network lifecycle.
- By leveraging Mentum Planet’s state-of-the-art 3D propagation modeling and built-in automated network planning capabilities, engineers and optimization departments can select the best deployment scenarios, ensure accurate network designs and manage large-scale networks. Mentum Planet allows mobile operators to improve radio design quality, roll out next-generation networks faster, predict and analyze network performance, and ultimately improve network CAPEX and OPEX efficiency.
- Mentum Planet includes advanced heterogeneous network (HetNet) modeling that allows mobile operators to pinpoint additional opportunities for cell-edge spectral efficiency improvements and thus realize the full capacity benefit of small cells. Furthermore, Mentum Planet integrates with social platforms, allowing mobile operators to identify where users are active to aid their capacity planning and network optimization—and customer experience management—efforts.
- “We are delighted to continue our award streak for Mentum Planet and be recognized for our platform’s innovative, advanced capabilities,” said Bernard Breton, senior vice president, Americas and APAC sales and chief marketing officer, InfoVista. “Our 250 mobile operators can attest that, with our software, they can easily define and effectively execute their wireless access network strategies, including small cell deployments—and be in a prime position to achieve the desired results, including improving QoS, ensuring a high quality of experience and maximizing ROI.”
- “The products and services selected for the prestigious Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award represent some of the most exceptional innovations this industry has seen in quite some time,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “It is my pleasure to recognize InfoVista and its wireless network planning software, Mentum Planet, with this honor, as they have proven that they deserve to be considered to be among the industry’s elite.”
- Find out how InfoVista is helping CSPs and enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
InfoVista, Mentum Planet, wireless network planning, wireless network design, network optimization, mobile operators, small cells, LTE-Advanced, Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award, TMC, LTE, CAPEX, OPEX, ROI, HetNet, network performance management, efficiency, capacity planning, QoS, eICIC, Infonetics Research, capacity crunch, quality of service, quality of experience, QoE
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 550 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.