ATLANTA--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--AirWatch®, the largest Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) provider, announces same-day, complete management support for iOS® 7, Mac OS® X Mavericks and Apple TV®.
“This is the most significant update we’ve seen from Apple throughout the evolution of iOS in the enterprise”
With iOS 7, Apple® introduces new types of security and management capabilities that organizations can leverage using AirWatch. These features create a more streamlined balance between enabling users and securing data. iOS 7 offers more advanced ways to deploy devices, including:
- Open in management
- Per app VPN
- Enterprise single sign on
- App StoreSM license management
- New mobile device management configuration options
- Third-party app data protection
The AirWatch platform, leveraging iOS 7, enables organizations to:
- Prevent users on supervised devices from making account changes, modifying app cellular data, syncing with other Macs and using AirDrop®
- Restrict “open in” to and from managed applications
- Enable web content filtering for Safari®
- Manage per app VPN for any mobile application on iOS devices
- Leverage app configurations and feedback for managed applications
- Support enterprise single sign on and silent application installation
- Control device and user options for Single App Mode
“This is the most significant update we’ve seen from Apple throughout the evolution of iOS in the enterprise,” said John Marshall, president and CEO, AirWatch. “The new capabilities will change how organizations think about their mobility strategy, and we’ve spent the past several months working to ensure our customers are prepared to take advantage of these new features.”
AirWatch has immediately enabled iOS 7 capabilities in all global trial and pre-production cloud environments. Software is available for on-premise customers via my.air-watch.com and all production cloud environments will be updated based on normal change management notification periods and customer coordination.
Customers and prospects in a free trial can register to attend an iOS 7 webinar on my.air-watch.com.
For more information, visit www.air-watch.com.
AirWatch is the world’s largest mobile security and enterprise mobility management provider with more than 8,000 customers and more than 1,500 global associates. The largest customer base, combined with the largest research and development team in the industry, allows AirWatch to provide the broadest functionality at the lowest cost. The AirWatch platform, featuring industry-leading mobile device management and application management, also incorporates the most secure content management solution, Secure Content Locker™. These solutions can be used stand-alone for unique BYOD requirements or as a comprehensive, highly scalable enterprise-grade mobility platform.