DAYTON, Ohio--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Dayton Superior Corporation is proud to announce the issuance of US Patent No. 8,464,996 by the US Patent and Trademark Office. This utility patent is for a new-to-market jump form system that includes the addition of an integral shoe lock safety device. Dayton Superior now provides contractors with the only system on the market that allows jump forms being used for concrete shear wall applications to withstand high wind loads. Deemed the Space-Lift™ Forming System, it imparts the following technology benefits:
- A safer work environment for the contractor and a system capable of withstanding high wind loads. This is achieved by incorporating a jump shoe lock mechanism which engages with a pivoting anchor bracket to securely attach the jump form system during use. An uplift lock prevents the unit from disengaging from the jump shoe caused by wind forces.
- Quicker assembly and fewer parts when using Space-Lift with any forming system. This is achieved by including a form shear platform, attached with fast pins. The platform eliminates the need for a positive form connection to the Space-Lift unit during form jumping and cycling.
- Versatility to any multi-lift forming application. The addition of a pivoting anchor bracket makes Space-Lift the only jump form system that can be used on circular or curved wall applications down to an 11' radius.
- Safe and ample access to the formwork for cleaning, placing rebar, anchors, imbeds and any other required work. Safe access is provided to forms with roll back distances ranging from 29" to 35". And, when flying Space-Lift gangs, a pinion lock mechanism secures the roll back carriage.
- Flexibility and versatility for contractors. Space-Lift is compatible with ALL Symons by Dayton Superior brand wall forming systems including Sym-Ply®, Steel-Ply®, Max-A-Form®, Aluminum Beam Gangs and Flex Form®.
The issuance of this patent brings the total of Dayton Superior’s patent portfolio to 117 globally.
ABOUT DAYTON SUPERIOR CORPORATION
Dayton Superior is the leading provider of accessories, chemicals, forming and paving product solutions to the nonresidential concrete construction industry. Dayton Superior’s portfolio includes over 17,000 standard in-stock items, a network of 15 distribution centers and 13 manufacturing facilities allowing Dayton Superior to serve its customers as a single source provider of high quality products and services. Dayton Superior products are found on infrastructure, institutional and commercial construction projects across the globe. For more information about Dayton Superior, visit www.daytonsuperior.com.