SAN FRANCISCO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Brightidea, the leader in collaborative innovation software, today announced the latest release of its class-leading, cloud-based, enterprise innovation management platform. The software enables companies like Motorola Solutions, Cisco, and hundreds of other innovators to leverage the power of social collaboration throughout the innovation process.
“This is our biggest and most ambitious release yet”
“This is our biggest and most ambitious release yet,” said Matt Greeley, CEO of Brightidea. “While other vendors are faltering or spreading themselves thin, Brightidea is charging ahead and more focused than ever on our promise to deliver the best product available for corporate innovation teams.”
Collaborative Innovation software increases an organization’s capacity for innovation by making use of social technology to engage employees and subject matter experts throughout the innovation process. At the very front-end of the process, Brightidea’s WebStorm provides internal crowdsourcing tools to allow managers to ‘cast a wider net’ for the key insights and ideas that drive all innovation. On the back-end, specially designed collaborative tools accelerate idea evaluation, proposal development, project execution and outcome tracking. The result is a streamlined, end-to-end process that instills discipline and cuts through organizational morass that often blocks innovation in larger companies.
With over a decade of experience working with leading corporate innovation teams, Brightidea has identified a set of common challenges companies face in managing innovation programs. The Fall 2013 release addresses many of these challenges head on. Key new capabilities in the release include:
- Idea Boards provide a visually engaging way for teams to browse the ideas that have been submitted to address a particular business challenge. In the same way that Pinterest® provides a single screen to see many items at a time, this feature lets companies and their innovators easily sort, filter, and showcase the best ideas.
- Subscriptions, Alerts, & Notifications leverage a familiar model of alerts used by consumer sites like Facebook® and LinkedIn®. When something of interest has occurred in the network, users are notified in real-time.
- WebStorm Scheduler is a fully automated scheduling system for running innovation challenges. Innovation teams frequently manage many concurrent innovation challenges on behalf of their business unit sponsors. The WebStorm Scheduler function provides ‘set-it-and-forget-it’ scheduling of routine activities such as start and stop dates for challenges, voting, comments, newsletters, and blogs, which frees up precious time and resources for more strategic activities.
- WebStorm Feedback ensures that innovation program managers stay aligned with delivering value to challenge sponsors by querying sponsors on their satisfaction and results of their innovation challenges. Aggregate data is also useful in proving the value of the overall program to executives.
- Advanced Reporting upgrades to key dashboards and over 15 new export formats with asynchronous processing allow program managers to get the data they need in the format they want.
The release also incorporates over 100 additional improvements to the platform focusing on simplifying core features and making the overall user experience more intuitive, including key features for customers just getting started with Innovation as a Shared Service.
The Brightidea Fall 2013 release will be available to all existing and new customers as of October 1, 2013 at no additional cost. To learn more about Brightidea’s latest Fall 2013 Product Release, please visit http://brightidea.com/Fall2013. The company is also offering a special upgrade to those companies that have previously tried other software that no longer fits their needs.
Brightidea (www.brightidea.com) is the leading provider of collaborative innovation software for companies all over the world. Brightidea believes every company’s innovation process is unique with specific needs changing over time in different ways. The Brightidea platform is designed to be the most flexible and self-configurable available to effectively support customers no matter where they are on their innovation journey. Based in San Francisco, Brightidea has over a decade of experience and has worked with nearly 500 leading corporate innovators, including Adobe, Bayer, Bosch, Chevron, Cisco, General Electric, Humana, Kraft, SAP, Sony and many others.
Editors, note: All trademarks and registered trademarks are those of their respective companies.
Additional background information is available at www.roeder-johnson.com.