LONDON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today announced the launch of private and hybrid cloud-deployment options. For semi- and highly regulated sectors, Workshare gives customers the opportunity to choose a data center infrastructure that suits their data security requirements. This provides businesses with greater control over how their information is accessed and shared, ensuring complete information security and privacy when collaborating with others.
Independent analyst firm Forrester states that, “The future platform for document collaboration must accommodate the complex requirements of mobile employees and partner collaboration ... Before CIOs can lead their teams to make the best product choice for the short and long term, they will have to get agreement on these architecture questions: Can [they] store files in and access them from the cloud? Should [they] store files in the vendor's repository or [their] own storage system? What's the right tradeoff between content security and workforce experience?”1
Workshare’s private or hybrid cloud options enable customers to:
- Select a geography-specific data center location for encrypted storage of documents and data in specific data centers
- Opt to use their own storage infrastructure and encryption services for files and data in a hybrid-cloud model while leveraging Workshare’s public-cloud application
- Host the entire Workshare system and store their files and data on premise behind their own firewall or a single tenant instance in a private-cloud model
Anthony Foy, CEO at Workshare, commented, “The need to have greater control over how corporate information is stored, accessed, and shared has become a top priority for businesses. CIOs recognize this need but find it difficult to find a solution that gives them the level of control they require. Workshare’s private and hybrid cloud options offers an unmatched level of control.”
Workshare’s data centers are located in the USA (10 locations including San Francisco and New York) or Europe (Dublin, Ireland or Zurich, Switzerland).
- Learn more about Workshare and why it is the only secure file sharing and collaboration application designed for the enterprise that integrates with the components and policies inherent in existing collaborative ecosystems by visiting http://www.workshare.com/.
- Connect with Workshare on its blog, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Workshare, enterprise collaboration, mobile, secure collaboration, customer support, customer service, file sharing, enterprise, IT, business users, technical support
Workshare is a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications. Workshare allows individuals to easily create, share, and manage high-value content anywhere, on any device. Workshare enhances the efficiency of the collaborative process by enabling content owners to accurately track and compare changes from contributors simultaneously. Workshare also reduces the commercial risk posed by inadvertently sharing confidential or sensitive documents. More than 1.8 million professionals in 70 countries use Workshare’s award-winning desktop, mobile, tablet, and online applications. For more information visit http://www.workshare.com/ or follow Workshare on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/workshare.
1 (Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013)